So, so so. Alright. No, I was not attempting to skirt the rules there. What I was meaning is, that instead of after a battle, trying to assimilate units like other armies can, thematically they are attempting to raise the dead back to their ranks. It has the same chances of success or failure that standard assimilation would, just, flavored differently. But yes. The raising would only be possible after the battle for this purpose, for pretty much dead on the reason you saw - it takes time for reanimation to work properly, not something that's feasible in the heat of battle. The main hero(villain) unit I was working on had a temporary ability to do this, but I'm reworking that.

Sorry, I'll fix that up. The infection is abnormal, and I'd like to keep that, so they're losing the inability to feel pain - unless the hero thing is viable and has influence on this, get to that down at the bottom.

And I had not considered how the cost to troop number thing would weigh in, but that works out just fine for me, it that the reborn group is essentially half strength, because they come back. When I get a chance I'll go in and clarify up things, like how long they take to revive from various levels of traumatic death, and what they can't come back from.

Correct. Erik is likely going to be the main focal character for my side of things. I have removed his other abilities for this (healing, throwing lighting, enhanced attributes) and kept his revival function, giving him an increased cost. But I don't think I'd classify him as a hero unit, most of the troops on the field are as strong or stronger than he is. Just a bizarre trooper.

For the Wights, I was looking at it in terms of something like Dungeons and Dragons, spectral enemies. In the version I am used to, non magical attacks have something like a fifty percent chance to just flat out miss spectral enemies, or not do any damage at all, while magic affects them normally. I tried to equate that without being wonky or having to try forcing someone to throw dice rolls into posts to see if their attacks hit, hence the 'reduced damage'. But if that flies, then non magical things like fire or explosives would still do reduced damage since the Wights are really 'all there' physically.

I'll edit out their enhances strength, the ghouls are fast first and foremost.

The curse is less a physical weakening, and a direct damage spell that saps life force, roughly equivalent to one moderate wound. Which is the same level the 'heal' can restore - they won't be making the dead get up and walk again, but they'll be able to slap a new bone arm on a skeleton or give a zombie a new foot. I'll make that clearer when I have a chance to sit down at a computer.

The mount - I'm looking into reworking what the Dark Mount does, might be changing the Dark Fog ability. But yes. Radius of approximately three yards, duration of two posts per use, and the mount can breath out once every five posts to activate the fog. Being caught in the fog is the worst problem, as it is a fear/terror based effect, but once you're out of it you can recover from that fear (or if you have a strong/altered will you can resist it already.)

Heroes are taking me time. I had the Necromancer Lich, I the main general, written up, but the sub heroes are taking too long. I might actually go with your suggestion, and just put the Lich in, and sacrifice the other two heroes for army wide boosts. What do you think?