As Stare strode with a determined stride up the pathway to the townhouse she realised that her and Eteri were strangely similar in some ways. Both of races from Akashima that had short lives themselves, both with some sort of divine being which to spend their remaining lives with. Eteri called herself Nevin's priestess … that was the same term Vitruvion had used for herself when he spoke of his hope for one day actually having a church and the ability to be worshipped. The main difference was of course that Eteri has chosen this life for her - and for Stare, it had been forced. It made the kenku grim and with far too many personal issues.

She got to the door and partly collapsed against the wood, hand fumbling for the handle. She twisted it and stepped in, grumbling in a loud voice. “It's me. Back with the alchemist.”

There was a grunt as a small man stepped into view. He peered at her, then past her at the two others behind her. Stare leant heavily on the doorway as she sighed and gestured Nevin and Eteri into the building.

“Jon, this is Nevin and his partner, wife, whatever Eteri. They are here to see Raevin. Give them everything they request and …” she looked back at them. “I'm going to just get some tea. I'll bring it up. Raevin is upstairs.”

Nevin had curled his arm around Eteri’s waist as they were introduced, and it looked like it had been an automatic gesture. He bowed his head to the man who was letting them in. “I just need to see the way to Raevin.” His tone was calm and polite, then he switched his gaze to Stare. “And thank you.”

The kenku grunted as she moved inside, giving them the room to get into the front hall. It was a fairly regular sized room, with a door off either side. To the back was a fine staircase that took up a lot of the space, then split off to both sides to lead to the first floor. Behind the staircase was a hidden third door and it was over to here that Stare was haphazardly walking.

Jon blinked, then looked at his guests. “Sir … madam, if you will …” and he began to awkwardly start up the stairs.

Eteri followed Jon closely, constantly glancing back over her shoulder to check on Stare. Her ears flat against her head as her eyebrows furrowed in a look of concern. Eteri paused midway up, hand tightly wrapped around the oak balustrade. “Is Stare ok? Stare not walking good.”

“Stare is.. Stubborn.” Nevin’s voice was soft behind the Kenku as she slowly, carefully moved away.

Stare continued in through the door, her body wavering still, but she managed to grab at the handle. Before her was a set of stairs and she began down them, carefully and slowly. She could feel the blood loss pounding through her head, but it was not like she had ever experienced anything like this before. Just a month and a half ago she had worked for over forty eight hours and her energy had been so depleted it had taken a jolt of energy from Vitruvion himself to make her able to stand.

At the bottom of the stairs she could smell the scents of a good kitchen. Heading there she entered the small area, where stoves of many kinds were presented, and a huge table dominated the centre. It was here that Elsie the cook sat, pounding a large cake of bread dough. When Stare came in she looked up, her small brown eyes blinking in her round face.

“Hello dear. How is Raevin?”

“I brought an alchemist friend,” Stare grunted, snatching a seat and collapsing into it. “He should help.”

Elsie paused. “Are you … alright?”

Stare nodded, waving a dismissive hand. “I've been worse, Elsie. I just need … tea.”

Get an extra cup, came the formal, but firm tone in her head.

She blinked. Why?

Trust me, you'll need it, was his reply. Then he was gone.

Leaving her extremely confused.