Scarlet had bound the catgirl tightly in rope, ensuring the blue headed wrench was unable to use her claws to rip herself free. Although Scarlet was sure she had beaten most of the fight out of the waif, over the few days she had been here, she quickly fell into a muted subservience, she showed fear of Madison, and Scarlet was sure that there would be no issues in releasing Eteri to the Briarheart.

"Right." Scarlet pulled on the rope and Eteri was helplessly dragged out of the dirtied cell. Flecks of flesh blood dotted behind her. "Want her thrown on the cart with the dead? Maybe rolling around a pile of rotting corpses would sedate her enough for you to put up with her?" Scarlet tilted her head, gauging Madison's reaction.

"No. That's unnecessary."

Scarlet shrugged as she let the iron bar door slam behind her. "Suit yourself." So her assumption was right, Madison had some sort of plan involving Eteri. She wasn't entierly able to figure out exactly what that was, there was talk of the catgirl cheating the briarheart out of her soul. "Heh." A small smirk fell across Scarlet's features. "I didn't think you were one to be easily fooled, yet this thing?" She gestured with her head to the bound catgirl she dragged unceremoniously behind her. "This thing managed something like that?"

"There's a first for everything Red."

Scarlet nodded, and they headed toward the exit. She figured that would be the end of it, done and dusted. One less thing to worry about. She'd have a free yard to fill with deaders, and a free cell to throw in some other poor sap. Madison would leave, she'd take her moody ass self, and her shitty jokes with here and that'd be that.

The end.

"Red, is that an Ar'Tuel?"

Or not.

Shit.

"Mmm?" Scarlet stopped and turned her gaze toward the cell that housed her, the one that called herself 'Zavine' she floated in a contraption that was powered by her own soul. As long as Zavine lived, she would remain stuck in that stasis until Scarlet chose to release her. "Yeh. I was going to offer her soul up to an Oni, but I haven't quite figured out the exact terms I want in exchange. Gotta word that shit carefully."

Madison scratched her chin, or at least the writhing vines that resembled her chin. She seemed to be in thought. "Could she translate the book?"

"Probably, she speaks Ar'Tuel. She claims that she has never been 'reborn' and that her body is the original one or- ah...." Scarlet ran her hand through her head in frustration. She didn't quite understand it, and she didn't find the reason to care. "She manages to make me feel something at least, but its nothing but annoyance. She's terrified of me, and sat there and cried at my fuckin' feet till I knocked 'er out. You could probably borrow her. But strictly borrow. I don't want to be fucked over by this Madison."

Scarlet turned to fully face the Briarheart. Madison's series of glowing eyes were on the floating girl. The woman always loved a mystery, and puzzles. "Honestly, I have a vague interest in the book at best, I once wanted nothing more than to know its contents, now, I struggle to care beyond a mild curiosity. However, I know you - and I am trusting you with this. If you take her, I want her back. Do. Not. Fuck. Me. Briarheart."