Henry blinked twice when he was returned to the ground, firmly planted once more, and one eyebrow started to rise. There hadn't been an admonishment tied to the action, which was what Matilda or Adrianna would have done if they'd seen him leaning like that, just the motion to set him back down on the ground.

As he held onto the table to steady himself from the unexpected movement, he felt soft fingers dance against the back of his hand, gentle strokes that slid across his like silk. Both eyebrows shot upwards in bemusement as he looked at the brazen young woman, and tilted his head to one side as he considered her. One corner of his mouth curled up as he let out a soft laugh and shook his head.

"You speak like I've had a plethora of relationships, which is far, far from the truth Miss Yvonne. I think the closest I've been with a woman who wasn't Adrianna, who is a sister to me, was when that Dhampir I mentioned decided if she couldn't feed on the bandits she should feed on me." Henry's free hand brushed the side of his neck where fangs had pierced his skin, and he suppressed the shudder that accompanied the memory. Instead of dwelling on that, he focused on the young woman beside him, bright blue eyes peering at her intently.

"And I suppose you have an ally in me, yes. I know Mother Matilda can be a gruff woman, but she does care. I'm sure she'll warm up to you while you're here, and even if she doesn't admit it, she will probably be happy to have some more help with the little ones." It was something that tore at Henry at times, in truth. He knew Matilda and Adrianna needed help here, more than what the teens like Lethro could give. But he also knew that he couldn't stay for very long - remaining in one place for any significant amount of time drove him mad, and his wanderlust had resulted in a fair few misadventures when he was growing up. Matilda attributed half of the white in her hair to age - and the other half to Henry scaring her to death.

In any case - Henry was not a fool. He wasn't sure why, but Yvonne seemed interested in him, enough to be a bit forward in her actions. Growing up with the others had given the musician a glib tongue, but that was all he'd gotten practice with - teasing and flirting was safe for teens growing up with no privacy, after all. He inhaled slowly, and thought he caught a faint whiff of metal and smoke, likely clinging to his guest.

A soft exhale, and he chuckled. "More than that though? Perhaps time will tell. I may be a bard, but I'm more of a realist than to believe in love at first sight. I-" Henry paused a moment, and swallowed at a lump that had formed in the back of his throat, before he pressed on, pushing the years old grief back down and covering it with a bright smile. "I know that relationships are things that are built, and rarely do sudden things thrive. Careful, tender nurturing leads to lasting ones." He rubbed the side of his cheek, and his smile became a bit lopsided.

"Of course, this is coming from someone with a dearth of relationships, so take that with a pound of salt." Henry chuckled after he spoke, his tilted smile a bit rueful.