It's high time I thought of a game we could play. I think I've devised one that's both intriguing for players and beneficial for aspiring writers. Exempli gratia, you.

I call it Writing Advice, Test & Tell.

I will offer what I believe to be genuine writing-related advice. The next person tests it for themselves and lets us know whether it was useful to them or not, and afterward offers their own advice.

Ahem.

Create a space that is yours - and yours alone - to write in. No exceptions! The dinner table and the lounge aren't appropriate as they invite distractions. Fill your desk or surround your bean bag with objects that belong to you, objects sacred to you. Burn your favourite incense, light a candle to set the mood. Wear noise-cancelling headphones and listen to some atmospheric music at a volume that works for you, to immerse yourself in your little world. Make the space your happy place so you want to return to it each day, and do the better part of your writing there. Make notes and jot down ideas elsewhere, but always return to your happy space before writing.