Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race
    Neanderthal/ Human Hybrid

View Profile
    Shy sadness.

Shame?

Why?

Felicity raised a confused eyebrow. Confliction floated around her head over why the topic was changed. Yet, Felicity knew she herself did not like being pushed. She would wait for things to cool down a bit.

So, she followed Yvonne’s course of action.

She slid off the rock. Her feet hit the ground, causing a small dust cloud to fly up. She wiped the sweat from her brow and began to pack. A small bag was packed. Her blue bird, some containers and canisters, her alchemy kit, and some medical supplies. Money was shoved in afterwards, then she took her sword and hung it at her waistline.

She started towards the edge of the camp, closer to town. So much was racing through her head, causing her chest to pound. Yet, her “here and now” mentality pushed her to force cheerfulness around.

“Can’t wait to get into town,” She panted in a rapid voice, “It’s cold there!”

~ ~ ~

The walk there was devoid of any talk. Yvonne insisted on staying silent.

Donnalaich was as awe inspiring as ever. It was refreshing to feel the magical cooling of the town. As they walked upon to grand stone road, Felicity’s breath was sucked from her in bewilderment. The intricate detail the ancients of old put into this place was magnificent. The complex carvings and runes dug into the golden-hue marble was simply beautiful. The sound of thundering water surrounded them as many water fountains popped up in rest stops throughout the city. Upon coming across one massive pool, the temptation was too much for the teen.

She dropped her luggage and darted for the pool. She kicked off her boots and leapt into the cold water with a loud splash. The previously sweaty and sticky teen was met with the satisfaction of shivering in cleanliness. She stood under the large spout as it pooled clear, luminous water over her head. She was shaking from the cold. She loved it. Her troubles seemed to slip into the pool below, with the rest of the cast off dirt. She jumped into the deep waters and swam closer to the edge again. The half-neanderthal emerged and shook her head. Her now soaked hair flew, throwing sprinkles of water around. The girl let out a relieved sigh and for the first time in a long while… she laughed.

For the first time since her journey here began, she had fun. She chuckled as she proceeded to make waves in the pool. Her outfit had water pouring through and out it as she splashed and giggled. For all the troubles she faced, Felicity was still a youth. She was still a rowdy teen, whom needed to lighten up once in a while. Crystal clear water remained clean, a sign of even more magical presences, as she finished her light swim. She pulled herself out of the large, stone walling. Water dripped onto the burning hot, orange stone like a rainfall. She still laughed hysterically as she dragged her sloppy, frigid mess back over to her bags. The sunlight against the road stung, but she yanked her boots back on and proceeded to press onwards.

~ ~ ~

Many drakari cast odd, judgmental stares as the soaked teenager pulled herself up a grassy hill. The blades of green grass were long, blowing in a pleasant wind. Atop the large hill was a humongous tree. It seemed to be centuries old, with magic to enhance its growth. The three edged leaves grew on massive, twisted branches. The pale brown bark was scratchy and coarse. Numerous scars of termites, lightning strikes, or other calamities coated the tree's fat trunk. Yet here, within the city, it still stood strong.

Felicity threw herself into the ground, looking up. Through an absurdly thick canopy, hints of glistening bronze sunlight shone through dark green. Numerous vines from the tree hung low or wrapped around the trunk, which was the size of a house. Most vines however, emerald in color, were strung across the large, bold walls of Donnalaich’s olden buildings.

A single leaf fell on Felicity’s forehead. She closed her eyes. She had forgotten what they were even doing here at this point; she had been having so much joviality. Then –

- *Guuuurgle!* -

- Her stomach let out a loud rumble.

Her peridot eyes shot open.
    Last edited by Flamebird; 07-15-2018 at 07:55 PM.
    "I can't be proud of anything. I am ashamed of everything."

"I gave my heart, my allegiance, all my energy for this and got nothing but ashes in return. What on earth did I do to deserve being chewed and spit out like this? Time and time again, it's all the same."

Felicity Playlist.