GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race
    Neanderthal/ Human Hybrid

View Profile

Fae Conundrum

Fae Conundrum.

Sequel to Entanglement. Closed to Yvonne.

~ ~ ~

The sizzling of a campfire was one of just many sounds in the early morn. The purple sky was slowly turning blue over the landscape. Settled into a campsite cradled within a massive set of rubble and stone, the group would have been shaded from the sun anyways, thanks to the massive columns of white, vine coated rocks and ruins. On one side of the campsite lied the vast jungle the group had met in. Dheathian's rain forest was a place of danger the team managed to survive. Yet, what lied on the other side of the camp was perhaps even more dangerous. The ruined city of Donnalaich was home to many drakari – one of which had his shop demolished by the girls – and fae – who were magic users.

The events of four days past were… interesting.

The heroes of this story seemed to be ignoring it. One of these girls, a redheaded teen, was sitting on the mat she called her bed. She currently wore a yellow shirt and brown traveling pants. Her shoes were unwisely taken off. The near-human was recently crippled in practically every way. Only several days after such a daunting experience, most of her physical problems were resolved. A previous slash to the stomach was well mended. As she and her partner in crime were both medics, they both knew how to use any bandages, creams, and medicines to rapidly heal the wound. Her previous state of exhaustion and starvation was also cured. In fact, thanks to both stress eating and a massive metabolism, almost all the deer meat they had was gone. In fact, right now, a half eaten bowl of soup was sitting next to her. She had nothing but rest as of late, thus she rapidly bounced back from her tired haze.

The only thing that did not heal was her head. Her emotional and mental state.

Yet another panic attack had taken over on that wretched day. For the first several days of rest, she was borderline unresponsive. Mostly, she was in a sort of vegetable state, although sometimes she went into crying fits as well. Today, she was still distant and reserved, but better. At this point, her run away from every internal thought mentality was starting to come back. As she stared off into the growing sunrise, she was starting to crack.

The last several days of awkward, uncomfortable silence was driving her crazy!

She could literally feel the weight of every dropped and unanswered question crushing her back. She knew she and her newfound sort-of-friend had so much to talk about after that scene they made in the city… she wished to run away and avoid it like the plague, but she just knew… she knew… they had to face it.

Suddenly, an unfamiliar squeaking itched her ear. She turned to the direction of the sound and looked down. There, a large mouse was eating her remaining soup.

The ragechild's eye twitched.

“GET AWAY, YOU LITTLE FOUR LEGGED, DISEASE INFESTED RODENT!!!”

The bowl was cast clear out of the camp, the tiny mammal tossed with it. The bowl landed within a section of jagged boulders, food splattering across the white rocks.

Seconds later, the increasingly irritated neanderthal hybrid heard crackling in the bushes. She instantly scowered the encampment for her delyn sword. Beneath the bags, the sleeping mats, cooking supplies. She overturned every object trying to find her only weapon – wait!

She telepathically called her metal bluebird out of her large backpack. The explosive object flew right into the girl's hand. “Halt! I have a bluebird painted bomb and I know how to-“ Her companion, Yvonne, stepped out of the shrubbery. “-Oh! It’s you.”

She dropped the telepathically controlled weapon onto the forest floor. “Sorry.”

She immediately went to clean up her mess, retreating back into that horrific silent treatment.
    Last edited by Flamebird; 07-15-2018 at 07:57 PM.
    "I can't be proud of anything. I am ashamed of everything."

"I gave my heart, my allegiance, all my energy for this and got nothing but ashes in return. What on earth did I do to deserve being chewed and spit out like this? Time and time again, it's all the same."

Felicity Playlist.