Felicity opened her eyes again. Scorching with pain, the student eyed the mentor as she pulled her hands behind her back, with visible backbone.

I'm leaving. This is it, I'm done."

The last time they spoke echoed through her mind. Felicity remembered the lifeless winter. White, powdered snow coated the icy countryside as the ends of a battle against just another group of robbers finished. Back turned on her teacher, Felicity watched the red liquid mesh into pure white. Even the season of death was tainted. Here and now, as the shivering girl put her sword into its sheath, she made the single hardest decision of her entire life.

"You are my sister, Ashla… I'm sorry, but I cannot stay. Goodbye.”

A sigh was emitted from Felicity's mouth. Cold breath was emitted from her shaky lungs. She waited.

The voice of her teacher, bitter and broken, responded. "Then go."

Tears burst out of her eyes. Salty water raced down her cheeks, off her jaw, and hit the snow covered ground. Her back heaved as she quietly wept; severing the bond. She vibrated in both the frost and the grief. She took one step forward, into the hazy cold winds. A second step. A third.

She disappeared into the frost.

Little did she know that standing alone, back turned, a single tear crept down Ayleth's face as well.

And here they stood again.

They now stood facing each other, in a warm, dry building. No blood, no gore, no tears. No tears yet. Ayleth could not look into Felicity’s eyes. They were sheepish. Desperate to speak but terrified to try, Ayleth side stepped. A single, armored hand rested against the rail. Snow white fingers wrapped around the wood.