McKinley frowned, her heart bounced off her breast bone. These last few weeks had been heavenly to her, precious and almost sacred. It was like they were almost a family, her, him and Nymeria.

“Joshua..”

She sighed his name, quickly she turned off the fire from the already burnt eggs. She turned slowly to face him. Her bright orbs looked him over. She loved the way that when he was serious the Y shaped scar on his cheek stretched out. She walked towards him, his eyes never leaving hers.

McKinley placed a hand on his chest. Her thumb stroked his pec muscles. Tracing soothing patterns as she nibbles on her lower lip.

“We have been together two beautiful years, I would trade my own life for yours if I were able to. I love you with my entire soul, my whole being. There are things that you don’t understand. The two kenkus aren’t a threat to me….”

“Like hell they aren’t!”

His voice filled the newly renovated cottage. Kinley flinched at all the anger she could hear in his tone.

“Joshua, please..”

She pleaded following after him as he stalked off. She gripped his strong, muscular forearm to stop him. She tried to turn him to face her but he stood firm like a brick wall. She fluidly moved herself in front of him. Her hand laid gently on his cheek now, gently stroking his scar.

“I love you, I believe in you. But what happened to me is bigger than exacting your revenge. Is it not enough that I am here, I am alive? That we are together at last? Is it not enough to let the anger go in your heart for my sake?”