(Closed)

It was night. Roughly the third hour of the night past midnight. It was a Tuesday night, though Nosdyn barely kept track of the days those days. He was working as a sellsword, hired by Stonevale's small militia. They had a Goblin problem in their mountain range. In the recent adventure, Nosdyn had penetrated the mind of one of the Goblin's warriors. There was an Overlord present in the group harassing Stonevale, and they were organizing an invasion. Stonevale itself was of little consequence to Nosdyn. He was helping them for selfish reasons...he needed coins to operate anywhere on the surface world of Althanas. As he'd known about the mortals and their cities...money opened up doors. It didn't matter what was the race of your blood...or what Nation you heralded from.

Money was power. And that had become a small obsession for Nosdyn...the acquisition of money. More indirectly was the acquisition of POWER itself. Influence over the various organizations of men and their petty laws. Nosdyn sat on a well formed log, it was built solidly enough to support his weight and muscle mass. There was a carefully built campfire present, and a basic tent nearby. It's fabric gently rustled with the night-time breeze. Nosdyn was lost in thought. He stared at the campfire, listening to the crackling of the wooden logs that fed it. Footsteps. He heard them nearby, but that particular sound of boots was familiar to him.

"William Blake." Nosdyn said in his heavily accented voice. "What brings you out here at this hour of night?"

"Son of Haidia." William helped himself to a seat next to Nosdyn. "I used to think all of your kind was Evil."

"We are." Nosdyn responded. "However...that does not mean it is absolute or not." Nosdyn looked at William at that moment. "What is troubling you for you to come out here and talk to me alone?" Though Nosdyn was in fact, Evil...he had an honour code.

"You have fought alongside our hired swords with great honour. You have already proven enough." William leaned in close towards Nosdyn.

It seemed that Nosdyn's mantle of fear did not work on Willliam. He noted that but he did not flinch as the man moved in close to hand Nosdyn something.

"Here it is your pay for the week." William handed the pouch to Nosdyn, who took it calmly. "How long are you going to be out here?"

Nosdyn took the pouch and put in his personal packs. "As long as it takes."

"...For what to occur?" William asked.

"I have an enemy I'm trying to lure out here. I want to settle the score with him. So far he has not resurfaced and I owe him a second meeting. The first one...did not go well." Nosdyn said calmly.

"...An enemy you say? Is it anybody I know?" William responded.

"...It does not matter. But when he comes...I will fight him again. That's why I have stayed in this area for as long as I have. I'm hoping it draws him out of hiding and he does not run away from me a second time." Nosdyn said calmly. The first time...he ran. I got to be certain that he does not run twice. Nosdyn intended to kill Jake in their next meeting. "He lacks honour and he stole something from me before." Nosdyn said very carefully. He would not reveal the nature of the object that Jake stole, but it was vital to Nosdyn's personal mission.

William nodded. "So long as your mission does not endanger Stonevale..."

Nosdyn suddenly looked at William with a dangerous expression on his face. "You may leave now. Our meeting is over." Nosdyn said carefully.

William sighed. "Very well." William stood up slowly and looked at Nosdyn. "You just surprised me is all, you specifically have more honour than you initially let in on. I respect you for that, but don't go getting yourself killed. Stonevale still needs your sword." With that, William took his leave and went off into the night.

Nosdyn sighed. But he knew he was bound to Stonevale...at least for that time being. Nosdyn stood up at that point. "Jake...the next time we meet. I will kill you." Nosdyn was determined to make his enemy pay for what was done before...he would make Jake pay.