Aynur felt someone draw close, a presence. She did her best to ignore this, assuming it was one of the staff, or someone readying to set at a nearby table. She flinched when she felt a hand atop her head, offering a few wary pats.

“T-Tristain?” She squeaked. “W-wait no…”

No. It wasn’t him. The fingers felt slender. Feminine, a woman? Aynur furrowed her brows as the stranger continued their action, gentle strokes against Aynur’s head. Who was this? Why were they patting her as though she were some animal?

“U-uhm that is not how you greet someone thats...hmmmmff…” her words turned into a strangled mix of a sigh and a whimper as the hand shifted and she felt the gentle press of calloused fingers behind her ears. Fingernails grazed the delicate skin and Aynur felt herself involuntary shiver as goosebumps formed on her skin. She was frozen. She wasn’t sure if she should enjoy the interaction, because it did feel pleasant. To be fearful of the newcomer… or to be more trusting of those around her. After all..Tristain had turned out to be a wonderful companion.

Why no this person?

The woman who smelt of death regret and farts introduced herself, her accent was strange and Aynur couldn’t place it. They were not from Scara Brae, nor Salvar, nor Dheathain. Corone perhaps? She sounded kind enough, Aynur couldn’t remember the last time someone spoke to her in such a tender tone with honeyed words that seemed to fill Aynur with a sense of ease. The timid blind woman eased up in the chair, allowing her muscles to relax. She let her hands fall free from the cup and they tingled with residual warmth. She hadn’t realized how tightly she had been gripping it.

“My help?” Aynur turned her head to face the blur that she assumed was the woman before her. The woman wanted her help? hers This didn’t make sense… Surely she could see the milky whites of her eyes, the scars that mared her face. Aynur was many things, but helpful was not one of them.

“I-I am afraid I may not be of much use. I know some areas but I lost both my soul sight and my actual sight when I was captured during a pilgrimage and I - I..” Aynur paused. This person surely didn’t need to hear her whole lifes story. Aynur cleared her throat and gestured to what she assumed was a seat before her.

It was an empty space.

“I am sorry. Please take a seat. My name is Aynur and I will do my best to aid you.”