Shit.

Shit. Shit. Shit.

“M-mistake?” She muttered. Her body was on fire. Her first assumption was right. It was an aphrodisiac. She had let him trick her. It was such an obvious one too, but seeing that meat crumble, and having felt the effects of Ricin poisoning before - Ayaka didn’t want to take any chances. The two were similar, scarily so. And this time she didn’t have the backup of two magical fucking gods to pull her back from the brink of death. The catwoman had let her own fear cloud her judgement and now she was fighting back against some damn erotic toxin.

It’d affect her body, but her mind was trained against this sort of thing, mostly from her own doing. What it wasn’t trained against was… was…That hypnotic stare

“Oh yes, a mistake, little kitten.” His voice was a whisper, a purr that felt so wrong, and so right as her body trembled in time with it. Light from outside, from her candles, was dancing across his skin in a scintillating pattern.

“What the fuck are you doing?” Ayaka breathed as she took two unsteady steps backward. The back of her leg hit a wooden chair and she fell back into it. She couldn’t pull her eyes away. His hands let her go - and now she could see that his entire body was smoothly moving back and forth - and everywhere not covered by cloth was shimmering in a dizzying pattern of blues and greens. She lifted a heavy arm to her head, groaning. It gave her a headache, his skin brilliant like a diamond set ablaze..the dark colours of his soul swirling around him - and the glint of orange beneath obsidian bangs.

“Me, little kitten? I'm just standing here, aren’t I?” His sibilant voice creeped into her ears once more. “You don't look so well. Maybe you should sleep? But first - you do need to reassure those guards of your safety, don't you?”

Did she? She didn’t feel tired. “I’m not...tired.” Ayaka muttered as she tried to sit herself up. To stand. Ah, but her body was heavy. “They’re coming back soon.” She mumbled. “I can tell them then.” Why was it so hard to think straight? Ayaka’s head fell forward as she buried it in her hands. Anything to cover up the shimmering form in front of her.

“Good little kitten. Rest then until they come by.” His voice was so soft, so reassuring, such a contrast from the dizzying motions that had been bombarding her mind. Ayaka shut her heavy eyes. An unknown amount of time had passed, but they opened. Slowly, reluctantly as she heard a knock at the door. The guards.

She had to tell them that this guy was fucking with her somehow, a hypnotic trance? That had to be it. That explained it… that’s what the toxin was for. She pushed herself to a standing position and made her way to the door. She glanced in his direction, he sat on a chair which had been placed opposite her own. He leaned back in it comfortably and waved a glimmering hand in her direction.

“Do be a good kitten would you?” Him again, words hissing and whispering inside of her. “You're quite safe. Tell them that. I am no threat to you. Then I think you are feeling cold, aren't you?”

Ayaka snorted as she answered the door, swinging it open.

The two guards jumped at her presence. “HIgh Priestess!” One of them began. “We’ve come to-”

“I’m fine.” Ayaka said as she held up a hand to stop them. “I’m just tired. I’ve been studying our guest. He’s not from this world and although he has a very chaotic and predatory soul it is of no concern to us. It is merely a product of his environment.” The two glanced at each other, then to her. They offered her a quick bow then left.

Once the door shut one of them jutted the other with his elbow. “Did that seem off to you?”

Lee was pensive, he scratched his maw with a padded paw. “She wasn’t swearing as much as usual. But there is a storm coming, and she is tired..”

“Maybe...maybe…” Jin muttered. “Best check on her again just after dawn. Just to be sure.

“What?” Lee exclaimed. “We’ll be ankle deep in ash then!”

“And what of her?”

Lee sighed heavily. “Right...Right… We will check on her again at dawn.”

Ayaka hadn’t heard any of the conversation, the door was already shut and she was standing facing the closed door. Trying to place exactly what she had just said, and why. Yes - most of it was true. She didn’t feel like she was in any immediate danger but - wait.

She lifted her head, ears perking up. “I’m cold.” She mumbled.

“Yes, I think you are. Look, your body is reacting to it.” When had he come up behind her? His hands cupped her breasts, and she felt fingers tweak her hard nipples. Warmth flooded through her body and she fell back against his chest. “You should go and crawl into bed, and sleep. The night is growing dark and you seem to have a headache, don't you?” There was a note of something - a hunger, she felt - in his hissing voice.

“I’m not tired.” She protested. “I have work to do. You’re here. I can’t sleep.”

“I need nothing more than shelter from the thick, choking ash out there, kitten. And the ash is heavy already - I doubt you can get anything more done this night. No, rest, little one, and start anew tomorrow.” Despite his words he had not stopped toying with her, tugging and twisting on her breasts.

Or had he? When had he picked her up? She felt something long and hard wrapped around her waist, and one of his hands was under her body, cradling her to his chest as his other teased her.

Ayaka groaned. She hadn’t had anyone touch her like that for nearly three damn years. Not out of any sort of abstinence mind you, she just had a reputation for being a handful. Both literally and figuratively. He carried her into her room and gently lay her atop the futon that covered the floor. His hand still massaged the round of her breast.Why did she feel so hot? Why did this feel so fucking good when it was just a simple ministration?

She rolled toward him, her lips parting as her breath became staggered. Glazed yellowed eyes stared at the glistening man before her. A part of her knew that he had done something to her, still was doing something to her. “You’re a fucking dick.” She muttered under her breath. He squeezed her tighter in response. “I know you did something.” She mumbled.