Some posts in this RP contains graphically sexual content, this is contained to just a few posts, and a warning will be put up before those posts so you may skip them if you wish.

The ash had passed but the damage it had caused was still present. Ayaka was coming back from her trip to the temple when she was called out to by Lee, a young nekojin with pantherlike features. He was one of the town guard, a new recruit who took his job too fucking seriously. “High Priestess!”

Just walk faster, get home. Yes. Home was good.

“High Priestess!” He called out again. Ignore.

Ignore him. Maybe he will take the fucking hint and go away.

“Ayaaka!”

“WHAT!” Ayaka turned on her wooden heel and spun to meet Lee face to face. The young full blooded Nekojin reeled and took a few steps back. “I - ah - that is to say we….”

“Look.” Ayaka sighed as she held the bridge of her nose with her fingers. “I don’t mean to be blunt the last few days have been stressful. I have had countless people asking me to pray on their behalf. I’ve had to deal with an influx of refugees from the North an I am dealing with fuckin’ seedy mc Snakepants at home.”

“That’s….what we are worried about. Have you seen his soul? He’s not-”

“Have you seen mine?” Ayaka shot back.

Lee froze. His eyes breezed over her form and he nodded.

“What is the fuckin’ difference?”

“Y-yours has a wonderful blue centre, his has -”

Ayaka cut him off. She didn’t need to hear the placating bullshit today. “One that looks like the fucking evening sky, when you all stop beng so fuckin’ judgemental it’d be hell on earth.” That statement wasn’t too far from the truth. “I’m fine. Really. If he wanted me dead don;t you think he would have done so by now? Please calm your tiger titties and go back to your duties. And-” Her tone softened as Ayaka paused as she turned back to Lee. “Let me know if that potion is working for Jin.” Lee nodded, thanked her and left.

A number of the Nekojin who didn’t stay indoors during the storm caught a dreadful chest infection, from inhaling the ash. Most of them were soldiers, and Ayaka had given her potions freely to those affected. She was moved by coin, but at the same time, these were her people. She was supposed to be their high priestess. What good was she if she didn’t help out at least that much?

With a quick stop off to her potion store to pick up supplies she headed back home. The small, dilapidated house was a pleasant sight. The overgrown garden full of various herbs, the rickety door and single window. The slated roof missing several tiles. It was small, it was crusty, but it was her home.

Ayaka pushed open the door and found Estus sitting at her kitchen table. He was looking over one of the maps she had given him. He wouldn’t be able to understand her, not at present. She fished around in the satchel she wore and pulled out the same, yellowed potion from before and sat it in front of him. It wasn’t expensive to make, so she didn’t mind it that much. He had used a few bottles by now, what a few more, eh?