Glacies raised an eyebrow as the young woman backed away from Micah. This was not an abnormal sight, as Micah's large nose, crooked due to healing wrong, combined with his crooked smile and the few potholes on his face made him into a less than becoming suitor. He said he didn't mind, though, as it made sure his wife didn't have anything to worry about. The young mage didn't know for sure if this was some kind of joke or something, but shrugged and laughed along with the older man, agreeing so that he could keep his pride.

This, however, was something of a different problem, he sensed. She was backing away from him, and Glacies could think of only two reasons she would do so. Either he smelled to high heaven, which he often did, or she couldn't stand being around drunks for some reason. When she answered his question with the softest of possible answers, he shook his head.

“My apologies, but that is not acceptable. I can tell you're uncomfortable, presumably because of...” he indicated Micah with a sharp nod of his head before returning his attention to the map, “but if I can't count on you to be honest with me in the course of this search and destroy mission, I can't in good conscience bring you with me, no matter how much I may be hurting for the help.” He tapped the map with the butt of his pen and looked back up at her.

“Now, I ask you again, have you anything, anything at all that you can think of that might give us a better edge in either finding or dealing with this thing once we've found it?”

He cooled off just a bit after saying his piece, but then shook his head and sighed.

“If it's because he drinks, he only does that when we're in between jobs. On the road he's as sober as I am right now. Hell, I drink more than him when we're traveling.”