(Note: Doesn't take place in any chronological order of my stories but is just something I want to do for fun.)

I wander...

The streets of Radasanth...

Looking for a purpose...

A reason.

My reason to exist...exiled from Home. Exiled from The Tular Plains...

The Tribunal destroyed my life...I am trying to build a new one from the fires of that destruction. From the ashes of my life.

Crumbled and broken.

But not dead...as long as my heart beats strong, I will continue to fight.

It is the way of my people. The nature of WAR.

War was coming...

Nosdyn's cloak swished with the wind as he walked through the streets of Radasanth. He'd sought residence in Stonevale and earned that, but at that point he was seeking to expand his influence. The junkies and whores were scattered about and Nosdyn had learned to spot them all. He'd eeked out a living with the rest of them. Trying to survive the chaotic world that they all lived in. Beggars cried out for coin and a hot meal. Nosdyn no longer even was moved by their sad stories. Their broken lives, his own life equally broken.

He lacked purpose, drive.

In Alerar he'd served a master who called himself The Boss. That seemed like a life time ago. But the past always had a way of clinging to the present, resurfacing in oft harmful ways. Destructive ways. Nosdyn had sought to make a life for himself in Stonevale. But he was currently in the streets of Radasanth trying to search for a meaning to it all. He kept his guard up at all times as he walked, Radasanth declared itself as a "free city" but that meant little to Nosdyn.

His contact was lurking in one of the many pubs in Radasanth. A contact to an old connection, an older portion of his life. The past. Nosdyn of thought of his past, of home...The Tular Plains. Since his exile he'd considered returning. Taking his rightful place back with the ranks of the demon horde. But something inside was different. When did it all change...? Nosdyn thought to himself a she looked at the pub in front of him. It was the location all right, the one specified in the letter of introduction. "This the place." Purpose. He'd been denied that for so long that he was simply following the motions and the ebb and flow of everything.

But that day everything would be different for him.

He lowered his hood at that point and wore the mask that kept his identity a secret from everyone. The only clue was the natural panic aura that he gave off, he still did not have a way to dim it's effect or lower it's severity. Eyes immediately darted towards Nosdyn's bulky and leather-clad form. There were already patrons whispering from the moment he walked in. Booth Five... Nosdyn repeated in his mind.

His golden coloured eyes searched for the aptly numbered booth. He found it and soon entered sliding into the red coloured couch style seat.

His contact was waiting for him, a blond haired man who was aging.

"Lars Dendrin." Nosdyn said calmly.

"It's been some time, Demon." Lars spoke in response. Nosdyn closed the booth door. "We don't have a lot of time, I think you were trailed."

Nosdyn sighed. "Possible, I was trying to be as careful as I could."

"There are eyes on the operation at this point." Lars explained. "Do you have the parcel?"

"If you knew what I had to go through to get the fucking thing." Nosdyn handed the wrapped artifact towards Lars. It was carefully packaged.

"That part of the equation does not matter. Only that you have passed the test." Lars said carefully. "Can I ask you something?"

"Of course." Nosdyn responded in kind.

"We tracked you while you were working for that scum, The Boss, in Ettermire. You have ruthless tactics. You seemed to enjoy that line of work...why change now?" Lars asked.

Nosdyn narrowed his eyes behind his mask. "Stonevale changes people." Nosdyn said calmly and truthfully.

"That it does." Lars said. "So before we conclude our business what do you want in exchange?"

Nosdyn thought very carefully. "I want in." He said calmly, he'd earned that much at least.

Lars raised his eyebrow. "You want to BE a Ranger? You can fucking forget about that, Nosdyn." Lars frowned. "I'd better leave before your tail makes noise."

Nosdyn suddenly reached forward and grabbed Lars' hand. He placed his hand on the table...HARD. Lars turned to look towards Nosdyn. "I am only going to repeat myself once. I want in. Make that happen or you're going to regret it."

"Are you threatening me now?" Lars couldn't believe it.

At that point there was a scream from the pub proper. "Shit we're too late..." Lars growled.

"I could help you, but only if you let me in." Nosdyn was deadly serious. Nosdyn kept his grip on the older Human.

"I can connect you to the proper channels. But..." Another scream.

"Lars. Stop fucking with me. Let me in." Nosdyn said, he was becoming angry...Lars was not going to like it if Nosdyn became angry.

"Fuck, Nosdyn all right you win. I'll arrange a meeting with the Maestro. From there you earn your way in, GOT IT? Now, we got to help those people." Lars was furious.

Nosdyn let him go and stood up at that point, removing his mask. "We do this my way. The people who were after me don't play by your rules."

Three patrons of the pub were already dead when Lars and Nosdyn emerged from the booth. "There you are." A hooded man said. His knives were already dripping with blood. "Glad you were willing to make this easier on them."

"They don't know your tactics." Nosdyn said and held Lars back. "You." He said to Lars, not revealing the man's name. "Get them out of here, I'll deal with HIM."

"Nosdyn...that's no way to treat an old friend...after all we used to work together." The hooded man said calmly.

Nosdyn unlatched his weapon and activated it. "How is The Boss these days...?" Nosdyn asked.

"Business has prospered since you left. Not sure why you didn't come back." The hooded man said calmly.

"I ran into some trouble...couldn't disrupt The Boss with said trouble." Nosdyn said.

"Jake Narmonalya." The hooded man said with some sense of understanding. "Heard he took the relic from you. From The Boss."

The mere mention of Jake's name was like a slap to the face. Or a punch to the gut. "I tried to get it back...but that mission also failed."

"Then you know why I am here." The hooded man said calmly.

"Clean up crew. Took you this long to find me." Nosdyn looked to his side, Lars was taking the rest of the pub patrons out to safety.

"Fucking protocol man. You should have come back." The hooded man said.

"I'm done with that life." Nosdyn said carefully.

"No one OUTS The Boss." The hooded man said with anger in his voice. "You think you could just get a free pass...?"

"That wasn't ever the plan." Nosdyn was well within striking distance, but he hesitated. What is wrong with me...?

"You've grown soft, Nosdyn. I'm taking you back...BACK where you belong." The hooded man said.

Nosdyn grinned at that point. "We'll see."

And the fight started properly at that point.