Focus: James

The first person to arrive was the hired killer, Nosdyn, a soldier of Haidia, A demon of the plains, and the son of a demon overlord, reason enough for him to be here.

The next to arrive was a man who he knew was trouble, Sir Izra II, the son of an old general of the United Althanian Army, a burly man with a hatred of all species that looked entirely different from humans, especially demons. He was sure to cause trouble with Nosdyn as soon as he saw him. He would probably cause trouble for Grond, Sorish and Korra as well when they arrived.

A few other aristocrats arrived before the second non-humanlike guest arrived, or should he say guests, Sorish and Korra was dressed in their Royal Robes, Sorish’s the lights shined brightly off Sorish’s white fish scale robe and Korra’s rainbowfish dress reflected many colors James couldn’t help but to admire the beautiful garments that the sea folk could create using the scales of fish they hunt. The golden crowns that adorned their heads only made them even more regal. James bowed before the royal couple as he said, “Your highness, I am Detective James, head of the Althanian Detective Borough. I welcome you to the Althanian Detective Borough’s Annual Dinner. I hope that you enjoy your food as well as find our employees to be well experienced. Today we have a special treat. A new detective shall be tested. I hope you will find his test enlightening.”

Sorish smiled at the kind man and said, “Raise your head detective James, I am mortal just like you and hate to be bowed to. My wife Korra and I look forward to seeing what kind of work your borough does for we do not have detectives under the sea. Who knows, I might send some of my men to train under you if I feel that it will be beneficial.”

James raised his head and said, “I would be honored to train some detectives for you your highness. Please, enjoy the event.” With that, Sorish and Korra entered the hall. It was 6:30 already and many have already entered but many were still due to enter.

At about 7:00, the one known as Wendy came. A woman who loved to stir the pot when it came to a situation, Wendy was known to try to play both sides to cause conflict. She is also the Gossip Queen and daughter of one of the richest men in all Althanas. She seems to have dirt on everyone who is anyone, there is even rumor that she has dirt on Sorish and Korra, but what that is James had no clue. He is a detective, not a gossip.

At about 7:30 the first undead had arrived. Grond the Zombie, leader of the Zombie Hoard on Hope Island, ironic how an island called Hope has become overrun with the undead. Zombies and Vampires roam the place without a care in the world. The humans are practically livestock to them. However, Grond is civil when dealing with other nations, so he was invited anyway. His suit covered his rotting skin fully and by the smell of it, has been enchanted to keep the smell from escaping.

“Welcome Commander Grond of the Hope Island Zombie Hoard,” James said as Grond came up to him. “I hope will enjoy your stay and the festivities that we have prepared.”

Grond just looked at the man then nodded before he walked into the building, as soon as he did a few people screamed and ran away from him but other than that, not much occurred, at least at that point.

James just sighed then went back to watching the door as well as keeping an eye on the guests. It wasn’t long after that that the Stunning faun, Matriarch, came, though she called herself “Philomel the Great”. He didn’t get to talk to her but he did see that she had caused trouble for their bouncer. After she entered she headed straight for the food table.

At about 7:55 Wendy and Sir Izra started trouble with Nosdyn. And it looked like Sir Izra’s next target would be Sorish.

Focus Change: Sorish & Korra

Sorish was enjoying himself at the party when a man walked up to him. “What kind of monster are you?” he asked as his face contorted into a confused hatred. Korra took a step forward but Sorish held up his hand to stop her.

Sorish then turned to the man and said, “My name is Sorish Mon Larsh, I am King of the Seas and leader of the Coralians.”

The man looked at Sorish then said, “Huh Creatures of the seas should stay in the sea. Especially since only monsters live there.”

Korra again took a step forward but again Sorish held her back. “He is not worth fighting my dear,” he said with a faint smile, “especially since this is the first time we are meeting the highest people in all of Althanas. We don’t want to prove him right by attacking him.” Sorish then dropped his voice to just high enough for Korra and the man to here, “Besides, he wouldn’t last a minute in a fight with our five year old son let alone you or me.”

When the man heard this he snapped and went to punch Sorish, but Sorish just grabbed the man’s neck and held him off the ground but not choking him. “Let me go!” The man cried as he hung from his neck, “Do you know who I am.”

Sorish glared at the man and said, “No idea, after all you never introduced yourself before insulting and attacking me.”

The man that Sorish had ahold of then said, “I am Sir Izra II, the son of General Izra, one of the best of the United Althanian Army, a man who saved the human race from the demon hoard. I am true royalty while you are nothing but a leader of monsters.”

Sorish looked at him and then said, “You are nothing more than a brat in my eyes. A person should not be considered great just because of the achievements of their parents; it should be based on their own achievements. Be gone from my sights you worthless creature.” Then Sorish THREW Sir Izra away and turned back to his wife. “Would you like to dance My Queen?”

Korra just giggle and said, “After a show like that, I would be honored My King.” They then went to the dance floor to enjoy themselves.