Focus: James
The guest of honor arrived at exactly 9-o-clock. He was a boy of about 10 years old. It was hard to make out his features as he walked to the entrance of the mansion. However, his hair was kept neat and tidy, probably with a ton of grease considering his age.

James noticed that the boy wore gambeson, an armor that also worked as a kind of formalwear. Over his gambeson was a coat that hung open but was formal as well. His pants were leather as was his boots. On his face was a pair of spectacles that, if he remembered what his some of the other detectives had told him, was enchanted with the same spells as the guild’s magnifying glasses as well as a magnification spell that allows him to use them as a magnifying glass.

As the boy passed a street lamp, the glow from the lamp showed that his hair was blond and his eyes were as silver as an untarnished silver coin. He could tell the young boy would be a heartthrob when he grew up. Heck even now he could probably charm a woman if he wanted to.

As the boy reached the entrance of the mansion, James bent down so that he was eye level with the boy, held out his hand and said, “Welcomes to the Althanian Detective Borough’s Annual Dinner young man. I am Detective James. May I have the honor of hearing the introduction of our youngest guest here tonight?”

Focus Shift: Sylvester
As Sylvester mad his way down the path he had taken notice of the man who stood at the door. Due to the light behind the man he couldn’t really tell much about him. However, he could tell the man was about 6’3” and weighed about 165 lbs. He was extremely stiff, however, that could just be an act to keep face with all the nobles. When Sylvester reached the man, the man bent over and held out his hand, Sylvester took the man’s hand as the man introduced himself as Detective James, a man that is well known in the detective community for solving every crime without fail.

When James asked for his introduction, Sylvester said, “Sylvester Corinth, Detective Hopeful and taker of the Detective Test that will be taking place during the ball. It is nice to meet the world’s most gifted detective. I have read up on every case you have ever done. Well, all the cases that have been released to the public that is. I hope that I will impress you tonight.”

James smiled at Sylvester then said, “If what I have heard from some of my colleagues and friends are any indication of your skills, I look forward to seeing you do your thing. Now, please come in and enjoy yourself, you must be famished after traveling all this way from the outlands.”

Sylvester Smiled and said, “I am quite hungry, however I feel it would be better for me if I just went to my room to rest, I have been on a ship for four days and it took me a while to get here from home. Also, it is late and I am not usually up at this hour. If there is anything that needs to be done before I go to bed, please let’s make it quick so I can be ready for the test tomorrow.”

James smiled at Sylvester and said, “That is quite alright, we just have to announce the events for tomorrow and then you can go to bed.” James then stood up and took Sylvester by the hand as James lead Sylvester to the stage where the band was playing. As soon as the band saw that the host was about to make his speech they started to soften their playing so everyone could hear.