Vitruvion watched her carefully before he took a first sip. “Stare, I need your confirmation that you are wanting this. That you are … willing. Because there will be no going back. I mean it when I say eternity.”

“You yourself have made it clear that the other way of living would be be holed up somewhere, locked in a tower like some destitute princess.”

“That is very abolutist of you, my dear,” he replied, but he did not smile. In fact he was far from the bliss of before. His gaze was still filled with desire for the answer to his question.

Stare looked down at the wine, her heart thudding. Her mind began to whirl, wondering if she really good back out now. If she could say that no, she was no longer interested and that instead she hated him, wanted to leave and -

She dragged in her breath and twisted around, taking both wine bottle and goblet with her. Letting herself fall she moved onto the sofa, placing herself right by him, inches from his form with her hands. Yet she did not settle, not yet; instead she began to pour her own goblet of wine, letting the crimson liquid flow. Beak halves pressed tight together she leant forwards and dumped the bottle on the floor, letting out a huff through her thin nostrils.

And then she sat back, wine in clawed hand, body a slump. Blankly, she stared into the centre of the room, viewing the place that was to become their home for the foreseeable future.

“Stare?” he asked again.

She breathed in and looked over at him, her great black eyes blinking. Studying his features she took in the image of the man and god who was there, whose father had created her race, and who himself had stolen her life from her. A man she knew she could not avoid, whom she had spent more energy on than anyone else to ensure his happiness, his pleasure, and his satisfaction.
Her employer. Her master. Her god.

“I am loyal to you, my lord,” she spoke seriously. “Willingly, I commit to you, from now until my final death.”

His lips parted as she pulled the goblet towards her drink. As she let the rich red liquid run down her throat, he did also, breathing out a satisfied sigh as they imbibed together. When the goblets were brought back down he was unsubtly smiling at her, a look of contentment across his face.
Seconds of silence passed. Stare could only breathe then, listening to the words as they fell away from her ears, those pieces of information that adhered her unbidden fealty.

He switched hands to place the goblet in the one that was far from her. Then his now free arm raised up, extended back, fingers lightly gesturing. Stare blinked before she grunted, unsure of why she was surprised in any manner. She pulled more wine down her throat before she moved closer, ridding the universe of the few inches of space between them.

As soon as she was close enough, his arm fell around her. Scooping her form around, about her waist, he tugged her to his side, easing her against him. Only did she resist slightly as he brought her body in line with his, finally stopping to rest his hand on the rise of her hip. She huffed for a moment, but day there. Quietly, she sighed before relaxing into the position she was sure to be in for some time.