McKinley sighed, taking another greedy drink from her cup, her companion eyeing her cautiously. "I am the horrid experience that happened with magic," she said in hushed tone.

Enzo's muscled tightened with tension, his dark eyes narrowing slightly at the red head. "It was not your fault..." His words swallowed as she held up an hand for him to silence. Her bright gaze focused on the girl before them, taking a deep breath she closed her eyes for a moment. She felt the darkness stirring restlessly in her as she tried to focus on the moment in time she was in instead of the dreading feeling that tumbled around in her stomach and constricting her heart. Opening her eyes she looked at the girl once more, her lips slightly parted as she leaned forward over the table.

"I am the problem with magic..." She said in a hushed tone.

A strong hand landed on her shoulder pulling her back in her seat. The fierce gaze of Enzo bore into her as he shook his head. "Please do not say another word, we don't know her... This could place you in danger." He whispered harshly, his hand that still rested on her shoulder applying a slight bit of pressure.

"People have a right to know what I am, let alone a girl that is dining with me." She said pointedly, shrugging off his hand before leaning back towards the girl. Her eyes drank in her appearance as she sighed, everyone has a story... Mine is just a little bit more messy then others. She thought to herself before she attempted again.

"I am a skaeth, born from the shadows of a dark abyss. A clash of two powerful beings that are made up of the darkest essence. I am the embodiment of destruction in more ways then one. I can not control my abilities and people have perished because of it. So we are not headed anywhere particular but running from where we had come from." She breathed almost feeling relief to allow the truth to spew from her lips to someone else that wasn't Enzo, who now sat with his arms tightly folded across his broad chest as he eyed the girl up and down.