The sleep that I slept was like one of a corpse. I didn't see, hear or feeling anything but blackness all around me. It was peaceful and if this is what death was to be like I welcomed it, ten folds over. The sound of the front door swinging open brought me back to consciousness. The sound of the rustling papers and pages scattered throughout my living area, sounded like an alarm. I thought for a moment, maybe this was the Gods being cruel, playing such a trick on me when I finally was sleeping without nightmares. The sound of heavy footsteps made me peel my lids open but not against protest. Wiping the sleep from my eyes, I still half way believed this to be a joke, a figment of my imagination as noone was foolish enough to barge into my home after having laid waste to half the city. Not on purpose... I thought bitterly to myself before I slowly pushed up into a sitting position.

My eyes adjusting to the darkness as I had fallen asleep cradling a pillow and forgotten to light a candle or lantern. I froze as a voice rang out, the pain of familiarity freezing every fiber of my being besides my heart that pounded wildly in my chest. "It can't be..." I whispered to myself.

The many of times I had dreamed that he would have just strolled into my cottage and hold me, telling me all was a bad dream. That he hadn't left me stranded, Nymeria was not slain for my wrong doings and I was not this monstrous thing that destroyed everything around me. He called out demanding to know who resided in my home, yet he didn't seem to care enough to come back to me after leaving me with not a single answer, a goodbye or closure.

Slowly I pushed myself to the edge of my bed, my wild locks falling in my face as I stood up slowly. I felt light headed, but I wasn't sure if that was due to the fact that I hadn't eaten a solid meal in weeks or because the man that I love- loved was demanding to know who was here after two years of being gone himself. Licking my lips I tried to breathe, calming myself as best as I could. Walking to the door way that no longer had a door thanks to the townies, I rounded it slowly.

My gaze stayed glued to the floor as my arms wrapped around my frail frame. "This is my cottage, so I should ask who dare enter it with out permission..." My voice shook and I wanted to slap myself for how weak I felt for wanting nothing more then to run into his arms and weep uncontrollably. Mentally shaking myself I forced my gaze upward to stare at the man that had claimed to love me but had vanished from my life without a trace.