EXP required for next Level: 52

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race
    Neanderthal/ Human Hybrid

View Profile
    “How do you feel?”

The clock in the room was rather loud. The second hand ticked endlessly as Felicity fidgeted in a cushioned chair. The white, simplistic walls were home to pictures of this man’s family and such. The man, Doctor Dorrandir, sat in his own seat across from her. The dark elf’s pointed ears twitched as he awaited response.

The clock still ticked.

Laying back, Felicity reclined her head. She closed her eyes, oh, she could close her eyes again! She smiled, a sense of freedom overtaking her as she breathed. “I can sleep again.”

“Just sleep?”

Felicity opened her eyes. Her gaze shifted from the wooden ceiling to the elf, who raised an eyebrow. He laid back, legs crossed and arms relaxed on the arms of the red chair. He blinked his brown eyes, requiring further details.

Felicity laughed, closing her eyes again. “I can sleep well.”

“With or without those knockout drugs you were taking?”

“Without.” Felicity answered, “I took your advice and stopped using them.”

She could hear his smile as he shifted in his seat. The leather cushioned sounded as he shifted for more comfort. “Excellent.”

Felicity could almost fall asleep here. She was still sleep deprived from two years of irregular and tortured sleep. She wanted to explore the rediscovered peace of sound slumber once again.

“You are clearly calmer, less anxious as well.” The doctor spoke. “Now that we know your medication works, we should discuss therapy.”

Felicity’s eyes opened again. A jab of instinctual discomfort brushed her skin. She lifted her head, body tensing. “Therapy?”

Doctor Dorrandir nodded. “Indeed.”

Felicity looked away, nervousness growing as she eyed a picture of the medical man’s two daughters.

“Rhyolite,” Dorrandir sounded concerned, “You cannot just slap a bandaid on a bleeding wound and expect it to heal. You need more than medication to help you with your condition.”

Felicity still did not look at him, eyes narrowed. She now was watching the clock on the wall. As the hands ticked on, she sighed. “Will it help me forget?”

Dorrandir sighed, “Therapy is meant to be help you deal with the trauma. You can never forget it.”

Within that moment, the girl felt crushed.

Silence flooded the room, save the clock's rhythmic ticking.
    Last edited by Flamebird; 10-05-2019 at 08:48 AM.
    "I can't be proud of anything. I am ashamed of everything."

"I gave my heart, my allegiance, all my energy for this and got nothing but ashes in return. What on earth did I do to deserve being chewed and spit out like this? Time and time again, it's all the same."

Felicity Playlist.