Though he couldn’t initially respond to the burst of anger he was well prepared to deal with it. As she scooped the shinobi up over her shoulder he tensed his mussels, absorbing most of the impact of crashing through his office chair. Splinters flew in every direction from the tremendous force with which Felicity threw him, his breath escaped his lungs as he arched his back in pain. As he swayed in pain the color of the room vanished from his vision, the red leather of his chair now grey and dull.

He had activated his Kanashimi No Me, an ocular ability he gained by absorbing the power of the great collapse, a secret hidden even from their teacher. His once grey irises burned a hellish yellow taking on a horizontal pupil, noticeably different from before. As Felicity taunted him, claiming to be disappointed by him before, Hayate waited for her anger to get the better of her. And without question it did as she leapt into the air above him with the intent to land a devastating blow to his chest.

“Hold nothing back then,” he yelled in retaliation! Hayate raised his hand up as if to catch his rival mid air and the ribcage of the Corpse King was summoned around him as if from the Tap itself. “We have to keep up the standards!” Felicity’s blow was met with the external defenses of Hayate’s perfect shield. He imagined what that could have felt like, wondering if she broke every knuckle.

Then as quickly as it appeared Hayate banishes his shield scrambling to his heels before bouncing backwards placing his back against the pulled blinds. With his supernatural eyes fixated on his rival he contemplated drawing his tanto with the intent on drawing blood. But quickly decided against it, remembering she didn’t respond well to taking damage. If he was going to win this battle, he would have to do it all at once restraining her in some fashion.

“Don’t take me the wrong way,” his voice was like a poison. “I’m thrilled to see you again, and even more that we will be training alongside one another, but taking you on as a new apprentice…” he flexed his titanium arm, releasing the chain from its forearm compartment and letting drop to the floor. As it struck the cobblestone he spun his his wrist whipping his steel tether extinguishing the only candle in the room. “It pisses me off!”

Now I’m almost complete darkness he had the advantage, he was a creature of the night. His eyes allowed him to see all attacks that would threaten him as if highlighted by a red aura giving him unmatched reaction timing.

“Let’s see if you can even touch me again…”