EXP required for next Level: 8,780

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    That night...

Nosdyn was preparing for the most difficult thing he would ever have to do in his life.

Illsandra and Xyllea looked at the Demon carefully. Illsandra spoke first. "You don't have to do this."

Nosdyn looked at his wife for a moment. "He challenged me directly...The Senator did. I know there will be no honour in how he does things. But the point of the matter is...I have to accept his challenge." Nosdyn said carefully. "If I fall The Syndicate becomes yours." He said to both Xyllea and Illsandra. That was the first time he'd ever accepted the possibility he could actually die for something he believed in.

Illsandra was crying. "But why do you have to go alone?" She wanted to be there, to provide him with strength.

"Student, state the precepts of Krotar Household." Nosdyn suddenly said to her.

"Precept one, this is a thinking man's game. Always be thinking always come at your opponents from the side never from the back or the front." She spoke, understanding her Demon and the way he did things. This was more than just about honour. She knew. This was a Husband protecting his family.

Xyllea watched the interactions between The Demon and his wife, she was learning how they did things. There was more there than a husband and a wife...there was more there than love. She was learning. She would always admire Illsandra for what she'd done in taming that Demon.

Once Nosdyn was prepared...he walked over towards his wife and kissed her deeply. (Translated from Haidian) "Goodbye my love." He said quietly to her in the language of his people. He said that in case he fell in battle...there was a very real possibility he would.

Leaving her side, was one of the most difficult things he had ever have to do. Outside of The Safe House, he met with one last ally. The Undead Male Priest that had been by his side since the beginning. He shook the man's hand. "If you get the word..you know what to do." Nosdyn said.

The Man before Nosdyn actually cried before his leader. "My Lord...it has been an honour and a privilege to work with you."

"I've learned so much from all of you. My wife...she might not understand immediately why this has to be done." Nosdyn looked at his friend, no...his brother. "I have to defend more than just The Syndicate this time."

"The Lancaster Estate." The Priest said quietly. "They have no idea what a strong ally they have made with you."

Nosdyn nodded. "Good bye...my brother." And he started the journey towards the location the duel would take place.

"This won't be the end. There's strength in you. Strength to sever the bonds of N'Jal." The Priest said quietly. "Until we meet again." The Priest walked back into The Safe House quietly with a heavy heart.
    Last edited by Nosdyn; 11-15-2019 at 08:02 PM.