EXP required for next Level: 52

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race
    Neanderthal/ Human Hybrid

View Profile
    Yeah... That was a lot to take in.

Felicity leaned against the wall, away from the little crater she made. Rehtul sounded like he had a stressed life, chained to his lazy, isolationist ancestors. Even then, he was convinced that he could choose his own path.

This was somewhat familiar. Somewhat. Felicity had many circumstances out of her control. Her status as an unplanned bastard child, her neanderthal blood, her fateful injection... Yet, there had been plenty of choices she had made herself. Leaving the family that had defended and loved her to chase glory. Staying with a vengeful mentor who slipped off the deep end. She had been unable to save her cousin from death when she came back. Even more, she had been too late to say goodbye with her uncle, who had died lonely in an empty house.

Every single circumstance seemed to point to the same thing...

She looked into the ice mirror, laying upon the table several steps away. Through her limited vision, she saw the face of another. She saw her old teacher, bitter, broken, and bloodthirsty. A reminder of what Felicity could become if she truly let her anger take over.

She shuddered, blinking away the image until she saw herself in the reflection. Her vision grew blurry. She looked towards the wall, wiping her tears.

Every single circumstance seemed to point to the same thing...

She was a monster.

"I..." Her throat grew tight, "I can't trust what they said about me. But..." Her back throbbed, "I can't trust myself either."

The image of a white cloak flashed in her mind. Owl wings and clocks danced in her memory. There were people she could trust. "I can follow the friends I have to redemption. I believe in them."

She shook her head, wiping the tears away still. "But... No matter how hard I try, I'm a product of shameful pasts. The future doomed to repeat unless something beyond me changes. I just don't believe in me!"

She clenched her fist, gritting her teeth as she tasted salty tears. So much anger swirled inside from all the things she could and could not control. What needed to change? She was on the verge of letting hatred for the world take over, and confirming all the things they spewed about her as an innocent child.
    Last edited by Flamebird; 12-28-2020 at 01:17 AM.
    "I can't be proud of anything. I am ashamed of everything."

"I gave my heart, my allegiance, all my energy for this and got nothing but ashes in return. What on earth did I do to deserve being chewed and spit out like this? Time and time again, it's all the same."

Felicity Playlist.