The darkness in Rehtul's voice was not lost to Felicity as he spoke of his own goals. However, he purposefully changed the topic back to her, giving Felicity the idea that he would rather not talk about it. She could respect that. She still found it hard to talk about her own traumas in detail. What truly troubled her was the chill in the room, easily caused by the magic she felt in the air. Felicity was so used to cold weather, thanks to growing up in Eiskalt, but this chill was different. Once again, the darkness had not escaped her. She did not even realize she was starting to tremble a bit until she looked down at her hands to see them shaking. She grasped her hands and squeezed, attempting to calm down. A deep sigh followed, and she tried to pick up the conversation again.

I've been through a lot. You obviously have too. What does drive you?

Felicity let go of her hands forcibly. She awkwardly wiped her eyes as she gulped to ease her tight throat. "Shinsou is a calm, intelligent man. He's not perfect, no one is really. But he's a good mentor." Felicity was unable to meet his eyes in the frosty atmosphere as she continued, "Please feel free to visit Whitevale sometime. It's a nice town. I would be happy to accommodate housing there - just not my house!" Her eyes dilated, "It's a pig pen."

She closed her eyes, a small scoff of amusement escaping her lips. "It's been nice seeing you again, Rehtul. I'd... hope I've changed for the better in your eyes."

Weakness threatened to take over as she stood up. This cold... was too uncomfortable. It reminded her of another person, consumed by revenge, far darker than him. Yes, she had changed. She had experienced pleasure and pain. Would it make her a better person, or worse? She still could not tell, but hoped she could bring some level of light to a dark, bitter cold world. She wanted to be good... could she be? Maybe, she should try to move on first.

"I need to go." Felicity balanced against the wall before feeling stable enough to push off. The cold wall was starting to glaze with the thinnest of layers of ice. Once again, alarm started to flare as she needed to get out.

Move on!
This ice!
It's simple!
Get out! The ice! Get out!

She shook her head firmly, trying not to sound frightened as she gave Rehtul a final smile, "I mean, it would be great to have you. And it's nice seeing someone from so long ago..."

She looked towards the door with an ache, the feeling of getting old. "Has it really been four years since..." She drifted off into thought, still compelled to leave the chilled room behind her as she moved a bit too quickly towards the door.

The PTSD could not be shaken off so quickly. Felicity, however, was strong enough to power through it every day. At least... she hoped she was.