Level completed: 21%,
    EXP required for next Level: 3,958

GP

Name
    Tyr Vythari
    Race
    Human

View Profile
    First and foremost, I want to apologise for the long wait on this. Work has been flooring me for quite a while. I'll be judging this in a different manner this time around, as in lightly going over the areas due to time restraints on my end. Double rewards will be awarded for the wait.

Prompt- "Your character is suddenly left with a baby on their doorstep. There is no explanation, just a letter with a single name. What does your character do, and how do they solve the mystery of the child."

Dracosius

Use of Topic- The way you went with the Topic was an interesting swing with sticking teenagers with a baby and there was a light feel to the piece. Kinda takes me back to a time in my teenage life. Overall I had fun reading the play on the prompt, but I would have liked seeing more of your PC involved in this Vignette entry.

Creativity- The use of the prompt had a level of fun mixed in with teens being left with a random child in the middle of the woods, but I would've enjoyed a little more chaos involved with the situation. The teens being stuck with scrambling to figure out how to quiet the screaming baby without a furnished bottle and then having to find food, something to pacify, or trying to change a disgusting diaper would have really set this area off.

Mechanics- There really wasn't much I'm going to point out about in this area, but a wider range of synonyms for some common words could of spiced things up.

Ayvriel

Use of Topic- You certainly walked me through each mark of the prompt and did so with a certain elegance throughout this piece. There wasn't a moment where I had to backtrack, or get hung up on whether or not the prompt was utilized.

Creativity- You performed well in this area and touched base on what I wanted to see utilized. There was just enough chaos, mystery and the spin on a young Elven maiden getting not just stuck with a baby, but a human baby at that, and getting floored by the situation. The twist at the end where Ayvriel decided to keep the babe even after the torment was a nice touch. Good job.

Mechanics- There wasn't much worth pointing out concerning punctuation errors and the span of uncommon words used showcased quite a vocabulary. In that, remember that too many strong descriptors can hang up a story. I did catch a misspelled word, though.

Mikael

Use of Topic- The spin you made on the prompt to make it your own was an awesome job. You surprised me a bit by expanding on the baby thing beyond that of just a straight line. Just what I wanted to see with this topic. You walked me through each step of the prompt and did so with your own rhythm.

Creativity- You did a great job in this area with spinning the babe thing to a creature, rather than a typical human baby like the other participants. Not only on that point, but you expanded beyond even that by choosing a unique creature that I learned a bit about throughout this entry. I enjoyed the creativity you put into this. Well done.

Mechanics- Word usage and punctuation was mostly well worked, but throughout the post there were multiple run-on sentences that would of been better served with comma placement to create a pause. It tended to disrupt the flow of the piece.

Oi... Sometimes it's difficult to choose a winner in these contests. Especially when writers post entries that are closely matched in different ways, but here it is.

1st Place- Ayvriel

Ayvriel receives:

400 EXP
    400 GP

2nd Place- Mikael

Mikael receives:

320 EXP
    300 GP

Dracosius receives-

700 EXP
    I'm going to reward 100 GP for the long wait, though we don't typically do that beyond 2nd place.

Congratulations, Ayvriel!

Thank you all so much for participating and for your patience!

Rewards Added
    Last edited by Tyr; 11-10-2020 at 06:13 PM.