“I- I can’t help you here.” Junala said, her voice quivering in fear. She lowered her weapons and ran to the scholars. Her entire body trembled in sheer panic. Professor Joli placed her hand on Junala’s shoulder to comfort her.

“hahaha! Yes!” Braddok shouted, raising his axe. “Me wait too long for fight!” Braddok charged one skeleton and lowered his shoulder, smashing it to pieces with his sheer power. Bones flew in all directions, raining down like a thunderstorm.

Black Shadow knew he had to conserve his arrows, and that a bow would be nearly useless against a horde of skeletons that can attack without limbs. Without hesitation, Black Shadow grabbed a sword from a fallen skeleton and began his defense.

I always said I needed to practice my swordsmanship more often. Black Shadow thought to himself. The dark archer swung his sword at the head of an incoming skeleton, crushing the skull. The skeleton swung a devastating blow at Black Shadow’s chest. Black Shadow stepped back quickly and brought his sword up, colliding with the blackish steel of the skeletons own weapon. A shrill clash encompassed the archer’s ears as the two engaged in a blade lock.

Black Shadow’s strength bested that of the skeleton as he ripped the sword into the air and away from the two combatants. Black Shadow instantly kicked the skeleton and then swung his sword at the center vertebrae. The sword sliced cleanly through the skeleton, cutting it in half, and breaking the spell. The bones broke apart and fell into a pile, littering the snow with the remains of a long dead enemy.

Black Shadow drew his attention from the foe and onto his next target, but to his surprise, Braddok was holding the final skeleton above his head. The skeleton flailed its arms relentlessly trying to free itself.

“Hahaha, you no do nottin!” Braddok laughed. “Hey, black man, watch this!” Braddock said. With immense strength, Braddock threw the skeleton against the ground, the bones shattering into thousands of pieces. “They no stand chance against me, I too good! Hahahaha!”

Black Shadow laughed to himself and nodded to Braddok. I’m glad he’s on our side Black Shadow thought. He looked across the battle, noticing the thousands of bones lying on the ground. We need to destroy these bones or these monsters may come looking for us again.

Black Shadow turned to the professors and then to Junala. Anger flooded his mind at the utter uselessness of a defender that stood before him. Black Shadow marched up to the elf and dug his face into hers. Junala refused to look into the black mask of Black Shadow, and shrunk before him.