Level completed: 99%,
    EXP required for next Level: 52

GP

Name
    Felicity Rhyolite
    Race
    Neanderthal/ Human Hybrid

View Profile
    It was like waking up from a deep sleep. It was like emerging from the hot waters of a bath after resting so long. It was like tasting freedom from my long post traumatic stress disorder episodes, discombobulated and hazy.

Pain. Excruciating pain struck me like lighting. Oh, this was a rude awakening. My disconnected arm was somewhere on the floor. As the remaining energy from my Nuclear Rage dissipated, I heard blood pounding onto the floor below in a puddle. I looked down, confused, to see that one of Shinsou's dark matter tips had crashed into my heart. Oh, oh it hurt... Broken hearts always hurt the most.

I gasped as I teetered, noticing splotches and puddles of blood on the half obliverated ground. I realized that an arm laid there. It was not mine.

I Iooked up.

Shinsou Vaan Osiris was right in front of me.

His skin was peeled, his clothes tattered and leathers melted. And he stood right before me. I could feel his vibrations of pain, I could taste his blood. The distance between us was closed. We stood face to face. The battle faded into the background of my mind. I no longer paid attention to the dark halls we fought in. The surroundings faded like mist. We both had a limb torn off, I had been stabbed in the heart. His body was wrecked from my radiation. Yet, all that did not matter. I collapsed. My knees thudded against the half solid floor. I was shaking in pain, shivering in anticipation, for the moment was here.

With my remaining hand, I reached up. Past the dark matter spear in my chest, past his burns and scorches. I sputtered, feeling life fading from me. No, I could not die yet. My goal was finally at arm's length. My anger for him was still there. I still felt the hurt and betrayal. Yet, my joy overturned it in this moment. I was angry because I loved him so much. My shaking hand hovered over his face. A strange sense of delight overcame me despite the mutilation of my body. He was here.

I touched his face.

Gently, I brushed my blood splotched hand against his burnt cheek. Softly, I caressed his cheek as I felt myself smile for the first time in so long. I was in too much stress and pain to laugh, but I smiled. There he was. As blood slipped from my mouth, I parted my lips. I tasted foul iron, my throat gurgled before I could form words. Then, I was able to speak.

"Finally..." I heaved, struggling to speak as my vision began to flicker. I could barely breathe, but I spoke, "... Reached you..."

My balance was wavering. I gave Shinsou a final, tender touch before my hand fell limp. As my blood continued to fall, I found myself strangely comfortable. The physical pain was a distraction from the worse pain inside. I was in physical agony, but I eagerly welcomed it as I smiled in precious, sweet joy. Shinsou...

I gripped my sword, Heart, and tore it from its sheath. Still smiling, I fell forward as I used my dying energy to thrust the blade for his chest. Whether or not it succeeded, I could not tell as my perceptions faded to black. I slipped from consciousness, my end goal completed.

After five long, spanning months, I had reached my mentor at last.
    Last edited by Flamebird; 04-29-2021 at 10:48 AM.
    "I can't be proud of anything. I am ashamed of everything."

"I gave my heart, my allegiance, all my energy for this and got nothing but ashes in return. What on earth did I do to deserve being chewed and spit out like this? Time and time again, it's all the same."

Felicity Playlist.