I watched as the fiery haired maiden that had all but dragged me here, fluidly move through the crowd towards me. Her cheeks held a small hue of pink in them, a dreamy look in her chocolate gaze. Rolling my eyes I finished the third glass of wine, having started my own collection. She stopped glancing from the glass in my hand to the other two that sat as a pair on the table that I occupied. "Kinley..." She said with a disapproving tone. My lips parted for a moment as if I were about to defend myself but quickly I shrugged draining the last few swallows of the sweet red. My tongue traced the curve of my lips collecting the small droplets that had been left on my now stained lips. Adrielle gave me another pointed look of disappointment as I was around the prestige masses tonight and my table edict was anything but above subpar.

"What," I finally said with such annoyance.

"Are you truly going to just sit here and drink in a corner? We are at a gala, would it not kill you to at least dance with one gentleman caller?" The banshee sighed.

I had to fight back the urge to roll my eyes as I looked at her truly, "no it wouldn't kill me but it would kill any one of them if I lose control and spontaneously combust into nothing but a black ball of pure, rare energy." My words were harsh but true, my power was vast but my control barely there. Shaking my head I groaned inwardly.

Adrielle watched me closely, a look of worry on her youthful face. Taking a deep breath I looked up at her raising my hand, "I am fine, I don't plan to go all nuclear tonight." Her face and body relaxed slightly but still she eyed my steadily. "Don't you have some lord to go dance with?" I mumbled.

The girl shrugged, "we were split apart before I could even catch his name." She pursed her already pouty, full lips. "I am going to get some refreshments, I will return shortly." She said slowly, picking up her purple skirt so she could move more freely.

"I'll be here, waiting for the butler to come back around with another tray of wine," I said watching her as she left once more.