“He cannot be won through brute force, as you have seen,” the Oni said as he took another bite, his eyes drifting shut and a smile gracing the Ronin’s lips, “However, a push in the correct direction, at the correct time, can work wonders for the naively stubborn.”

“I realized that after the first day.” The woman said, idly picking up the letter opener again. Her meal abandoned on the cupboard behind them.

“The woman was a nice touch, I must admit. Making him think he's a necrophile has been a never ending source of amusement. The succubus did her job well, it didn't take much,” He said calmly, he continued to eat for a bit, “Now, let us talk, the food should keep him under for a bit.”

“What would a demon who despises a fallen angel have to talk about?” Scarlet said, her tone almost amused as she comfortably leant back in her chair.

“Oh, when you played at evil, I found you nothing short of obnoxious. Now that you've given up on the internal conflict, now we can talk,” He answered. “It is one thing to insist you're evil, quite a different to stop screaming to the world you are and to merely let your acts speak for themselves. Would the old you have tormented Taka so, with a succubus and a soon to be executed woman?” She shrugged in response with a shake of her head.

He looked sadly at the empty plate before him and sighed, “He was hungry…” carefully lifting the tray he placed it next to hers and moved back to the chair, feeling her eyes on him, “I own him body and soul, last night was a decision to let you toy with him. I wanted to see how far you were willing to go. Inflaming his desires was a nice touch, and one that I must say did more damage than anything I could have done myself.”

“You flatter me.” She said, “But it does not answer my question. You have made an appearance to talk to me.” She offered him a smirk, “and I doubt it was not just to flatter me with your beguiled words.”

“He is my conduit to this world, I experience it however he wishes. Until recently that has been boring, I need sin to truly strengthen my hold. In one night, you incited desire, fear, and regret. He's afraid of what he's becoming, and that amuses me. So, I offer a deal, as you create the necessary external pressure I required,” He replied firmly.

The woman stood, and approached him, she placed a hand on either side of him, upon the arm rests and she stared down at him. He studied her blackened eyes, and the burning irises a dark smile crossing his lips looking upon her.

“Why should I? I’m going to continue to push him into a life of luxury, sin, and decadence - regardless of what you have to say. You will, to your own amusement no doubt, toy with him in the meantime, we’re already essentially working together, so what could you possibly offer me?”

“The bath was failing, granted it was a temptation that was well done. However, that doesn't change the fact that until last night, he only wished to rut with you. If I had not given him that last push, the succubus wouldn't have gotten her feast,” He retorted, “And don't get me started on the Alcohol. I know him, I know how to push him, and he actively avoids those temptations. So, we deal, in exchange for never letting the succubus feed on my property again, I will continue to push him deeper into that downward spiral. If you don't accept, well you got thus far. Maybe you can do the job. I even promise to help him defend you. You'd have his full cooperation.”

“Is that really all?” She asked incredulously. She leaned forward, “you’re not asking for more?”

“This is a negotiation, you must understand I need my conduit intact. Advencia tore his soul out from under me. I could posses the dead body, but the restrictions are far greater. However, helping you still advances my plans, while giving you what you obviously want. Of course, that's all I would be doing other things than giving him the ability to do his job unimpeded. As is he needs a new blade, the peasant girl will not let him touch her after last night…”

Taka’s smile widened as Scarlet shifted, sliding down to rest comfortably on his lap. “I can do that.” She said. “I have to warn you, tomorrow will not be pleasant on his body.” She tilted her head toward him. “I wouldn’t be surprised if he died, but, it’s not the first time, is it?” She picked up a tendril of his hair, and started to twirl it around her finger. It seemed, even in her magnificently corrupted form, she still held onto the mannerisms of who she was.

“Twelve times. He has been brought back by me, once by his souls mother…” He shook his head irritably as he went back to Amari’s form, “So what do I call you little angel? I think your old name is inappropriate, and it tastes disgusting on my tongue.”

“Scarlet, and hold the comments about the colour. I get it. I don’t care.” She mused absently. “You may have to bring him back tomorrow, that won’t be a problem, will it?”

He considered commenting before he spoke, “Not at all. You could kill him to your heart's content. I will continue to resurrect the corpse, so long as I have his soul.” He looked at her pointedly, “If you wish to feed your succubus, my conduit is off limits.”

“Right, so you’ve said. She’ll feed off his whore concubines from now on.” Scarlet mused, tugging hard on his silvery hair as she continued to twirl it around her fingers.

He shivered at the pain before he grabbed her chin, “Scarlet, I am an Oni, not your toy. We can play later If that is your wish, but business before pleasure.”

“That’s boring.” She said with another tug, “Is he aware now?”

“Not unless I wish him to be. He's so inebriated right now he believes he's puked on your floor,” He said a sly grin on his face, “He is in a cage of his choosing, by my design. Once he's in the proper position, well, then he's much more malleable.”