*An alternative timeline to this thread
A what if scenario if she ‘did’ step through the portal.

It was difficult to comprehend everything that had happened that night. Amari had spent the day alone, doing menial chores. Her highlight was looking forward to a well cooked meal and a small cake to celebrate her birthday. Instead, the half elf named Jake had quite literally barged into her life, planning to steal from her estate a pittance of food. He was sweet, and charming, and a little bit skittish. Instead of shooing him away Amari offered him her company, a bath, hot meal, and a bed for the night. The two genuinely enjoyed each other's’ company. It was no doubt one of the most interesting days of Amari’s life. Unfortunately, nothing good ever lasts. Her brother had returned home early, enraged, he and Jake exchanged heated words that went well over the naive noblewoman's head.

Jake spoke of underhanded and taboo sigils, and how her brother wasn’t the kind and loving man Amari knew him to be. Her brother, always quick to anger had happened upon Jake, seeing him as an intruder and went in for the attack. Then..then there was Amari, the redhead stuck between both trying to quell the men's turbulent emotions.

“Lamont! Enough. Jake is a guest in our home, please treat him as such!”

Amari turned her back on her brother, now facing Jake. "And Jake!" She snapped, before taking a deep breath and using a softer, pained tone. "Please...I do not know what was in brothers journal - but I do know my brother. He'd never har-" Her words stilled and turned into inaudible mumbles. Lamont had thrust the needle into the back of her neck. Quickly injecting her with the serum. "h-harm...me..." Her eyes watered. Her legs buckled, before she could fall Lamont caught her in his arms. The syringe fell to the floor and rolled toward the portal door. "Hush sweet Amari, it'll be over soon."

"B-brother....?" Amari could feel herself slipping. She tried to move but her body did not respond she felt as though she was drowning, and slipping away into unconsciousness. It was a horrifying feeling. She wanted to scream and to cry, to beg him why - but all she could do was stare up at him silently, till her eyes glazed over, and her consciousness was nothing more than a dull buzz. Her once brilliant gaze became lidded and lifeless.

Lamont gripped Amari's crimson tresses in his hands. Watching Jake with a wicked grin. He pulled her virtually lifeless form up so he could deeply inhale her scent. "Don't you just love how she smells of the forest?" He mused as he let go of her hair. Amari fell to the floor with a soft thud.

"Jake, was it?" His blue eyes shifted to Jake's pointed ears. "Half-Elf. Your accent suggests you're from..." He tilted his head to the side, feigning thought. "Corone?" He asked. Lamont didn't need Jake to answer, unlike Amari he was extremely well read, and intelligent. He was able to pick up on the most subtle of nuances and analyse them.

"And you can summon portals," He stepped over Amari. "Not unheard of. I've looked into it myself. I lack the ability to do so. Course..." His voice was no longer filled with rage, it was smooth. Calculating. "I can pay people to do that for me."

Jake pulled out the quill again, but he was met with a cluck of Lamont's tongue.

"Amari, would you be so kind as to unbutton the upper half of your nightgown, and stand in front of me?"

Jake watched in horror as the limp figure of Amari sat up, and with dull eyes she wordlessly unbuttoned her gown until the full curvature of her milky breasts spilled out. She then stood. Placing herself between Lamont and Jake. "Good Doll." Lamont purred into her ear. "If any weapon appears in his hand, I want you to impale yourself upon it." A single nod was her reply.

"Excellent. Now." Lamont raised his eyes. "How about you flee, like the coward you are - or you lose both your life..." Lamont gestured toward Amari, "and in the process- take hers. Consider my kind offer Jake. I am not a patient man."

Lamont paused, gripping Amari's shoulders with his hands. "Or perhaps you wanted some fun first? You are a lad of good taste, no?" He pushed the girl toward Jake. “I see where your eyes travel. Why not have a taste? She won’t remember a thing when she comes to.”