Black Shadow closed his eyes and took a deep breath in. All the room was silent at this moment, knowing just what Black Shadow was capable of.

He thought to his training, move quickly and be ready for any outcome. The entire room waited for his next move, waiting for him to retaliate. Black Shadow slowly let his breath out, snapping his eyes open, and bringing his hand up. He knocked the sword to the side and pulled his bow from his back. Within a second he had the paladin backed in his seat, an arrow aimed directly at his forehead.

Black Shadow released the tension in the bowstring and returned the arrow to his quiver. He then picked up the paper again and pointed at it. The paladin was taken back, not expecting what just happened to take place.

“You are more than I expected from a man dressed in the likes of you. You have earned my respect.” The paladin said, bowing to Black Shadow. “This job, it won’t be easy, and I cannot guarantee your survival.” Black Shadow nodded, asking him to continue.

“We need to retake our castle, but we do not have enough men. This is a sacred place for our brotherhood, our home. It was taken from us, and we need it back. If you are willing to help us,” He said pulling out a coin purse, “I will give you this now, and the rest when we take it back. It is one thousand gold pieces, enough for a year’s worth of rent in this city, and one thousand pieces later.”

Black Shadow looked at the paladin and took the coin purse. He then took the quill and ink and signed the paper, handing it back to the paladin. “Thank you.” He said, handing Black Shadow a small piece of paper with a location. “Meet us here at that time, we will take back what’s ours.”