“I hope that Gavner is alright,” Drake said worriedly, pacing back and forth. “He has been in there for over five minutes. He should be out by now!”

“Calm, Drake.” Seraphina said, placing a hand on his shoulder. Instantly Drake blushed and looked at her hand. “Gavner can handle himself. You of all people should know that.”

“I know,” Drake said, “But it is still nerve-wracking. He is my friend.”

“What is the plan after this?” Gabe asked. “Has Gavner told you yet?”

“Well yeah,” Drake replied, “We are headed to Raiaera.”

“And have you yet secured passage from Radasanth to Raiaera?” Gabe pressed.

“Um,” Drake said.

“I will take that as a no. We should probably do that now,” He said with a smile. “Follow me.”

Drake tossed a look back at the mansion, unsure of whether he should leave or not, but then he realized that the need to escape could arise at any point.

[Hey Gavner,] Drake called out to Gavner inside the mansion telepathically. [We are going to the docs to secure a voyage. Meet us at the west dock when you are done. We will come looking for you if you need it; should that need arise call out mentally.]

“Hey wait up!” Drake called to his friends who had already taken off down the street.

“In order to secure a voyage, we need to find a captain with a ship going to Raiaera,” Gabriel said.

“Are any going to be awake at this time?” Drake asked.

“Oh they will be awake for sure,” Gabriel said, “Nearly all the sailors are night owls.”

“Should we split up?” Drake asked, stopping. They had reached the wharf. Gabe looked uncertainly at Drake.

“He is right,” Seraphina said. “We have a higher chance of finding a captain sooner if we are all looking separately.” Gabriel still looked at Drake uncertainly. “It will be all right, Gabriel, Drake knows what he is doing.”

Drake smiled. “Meet here in forty minutes?” he asked. The others exchanged glances and nodded. Gabriel ran off to the south urgently. Drake turned to go North, and Seraphina’s perfect, warm hand gently grabbed his. The half angel stopped dead in his tracks and looked at her.

“Drake,” She said, “Please be careful.”