Drake burst into the place of refuge, and looked around, relieved to find that there was nobody inside.

[Gabriel,] Drake broadcasted telepathically to his friend, [I’m here. Come quickly, please.]

[On our way,] Gabriel said back. Drake looked at the wall of the tavern, the siren still clear out in the night. This tavern was nearly dark, save for the light of a few candles. The oil lanterns were not lit; this tavern must have closed for the night when the sirens came on.

Suddenly, the golden silhouettes of Drake’s friends began to form and they teleported in from the astral plane. Gabriel came in with his short hair, and a billowy shirt with a leather courset as armor, and black trousers. At his belt was a tube that carried his golden message scroll. Gabriel was the messenger arcangel of The Boss, and this special scroll was a direct communication link with the cosmos.

Seraphina, the most beautiful feminine form that Drake had ever seen, teleported in wearing a long traveling cloak with her hood down, and the same dark trousers that Gabriel had been wearing. Her long curly blonde hair fell to her shoulders, the headpiece of laurel and flowers still atop her crown. She was incredibly pretty, but Drake always tried to hide his feelings from his friends.

“Did you find passage?” Drake asked.

“Unfortunately we did not,” Seraphina replied, “However, we did find out that there are scores upon scores of men coming to this place to protect it.”

“How does that help us?” Drake asked jokingly.

“There will inevitably be a physical, outward struggle.” Gabriel said.

“You two are just full of a bunch of good news aren’t you?”

“We cannot take lives either. Perhaps your friends, can, but we can only be supporting forces. We are not allowed to take lives unless it is that of a very unrighteous person who was condemned anyway.” Seraphina said.

“Well that shouldn’t be a problem with the Radasanth guards,” Drake said. “So, attack plan?”

“We can create forms of barricades to help your friends, if you would like.” Gabriel said.

“My friends!” Drake said alarmed, remembering that they had not secured passage. Concentrating on sending a message to his friend, Drake closed his eyes and reached out to Gavner telepathically.

[Gavner,] he said, [We have not secured passage to Raiaera, if you can do so I suggest you do it quickly! The angels and I are at the south pier. Godspeed.]