Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Head Admin

GP

Name
    Valic Anebrilion
    Race
    Tiefling

View Profile
    A cluster of worlds, it was an odd way to describe a world I thought. I was not sure exactly what that meant. My understanding of the world was only what my mom had taught me, or what I had gleaned from the small hamlet of Tastow in Scara Brae growing up. As far as I knew, there were islands of people and multitudes of different races of people. Some were nice and some were mean, but it was hard to tell which and it did not quite matter on the race as much as the person. Up until a week ago, I had never even been more than twenty miles away from Tastow.

Then the priest and paladin came to my home and called me evil and tried to take me away. They had treated me like I was a bad person for being alive, but I didn’t even know them. The last thing I remember is accidentally having magic spring from my hands to defend myself. Then my mom yelled for me to escape and as I tried to escape my body was wracked by pain and suddenly I was in a world of heat and a sense of anger, then in a desert.

I shook my head to try and get rid of the thoughts of my mom reaching out for me and instead clenched my teeth hard enough for my canine’s to dig into my lips. With a sign I looked back to Lilith. “What about yer backgroun’? Surely you can remember whatcha were doin’ before ya got here?”
    Last edited by Taskmienster; 11-15-2021 at 04:57 PM.

Adventurer

EXP: 241, Level: 1
    Level completed: 13%, EXP required for next Level: 1,759
    Level completed: 13%,
    EXP required for next Level: 1,759

GP

Name
    Lilithios Lunar Darkwing
    Race
    Blood Elf/Demon

View Profile
    Lilith nods "That i do remember....I was flying trying to escape my own kin. They're the kind that treats you poorly if you don't give up absolutely anything that made you different.....Then i got hit by one of them and fell through some kind of Black hole. Next thing i knew i belly flopped into a pool of water. Side note, Illidari don't do well in Water" (I literally don't know how else to describe the demon hunters as Both the demon hunter and illidari are mentioned in wow)

Head Admin

GP

Name
    Valic Anebrilion
    Race
    Tiefling

View Profile
    “Your kin didn't like ya for who you were, an' attacked ya?” I was dumbfounded. I stared at Lilith and tried to picture where she came from. Maybe it was the same world of crimson light and flames that I had been before appearing in the desert. My experience was similar, not being wanted in that fiery wasteland and being spat out like a wad of chew into a spittoon. “That doesn’t seem very polite or hospitable at all.”

I stood up and grabbed some more vegetation I had gathered, bigger pieces. These chunks of wood sat on the embers as if immune for some time before finally giving way to flame. It was almost as if the husk of the palm trunk gave up and accepted its fate. The fire was beautiful, full and brilliant. It flared for all of a half-second before the delicate hairs across the outside of the palms were burnt away and the wood was slowly sizzling.

“Back where I come from, my home… we don’ treat our family like that. And my family don' look nothin’ like me.” I leaned in towards the light of the fire and pointed towards my horns. “These started when I was a youngin'. Never mind you the red skin, no. But my momma, she’s an elf, she is the nicest woman. My best frien’s a goblin, he’s Dustin. And I work fer a halfling named Mr. Tumlin - he can be stric' but…”

I took a second as I realized I was rambling. A tear welled up in the corner of my eye, remembering all the good friends and people I considered family back home. I wondered if I would ever see them again. “I don’t even know where we are now,” I admitted, poking the large log with a stick, “But I just wanna get home. You would like my home though, its full of good peoples.”
    Last edited by Taskmienster; 11-15-2021 at 05:30 PM.

Adventurer

GP

Name
    Lilithios Lunar Darkwing
    Race
    Blood Elf/Demon

View Profile
    Lilith nodded in understanding. She used to be an elf too before she became. Well a demon. She wanted to go home too but in her case that just didn't seem to be an option. She had no way back to her world. But maybe She could help him

"I may not be able to return to my world..." She began "but perhaps I can help you get back to your home?" She offered
    Equipment: Iron Dual weapons (Swords, Axes, Maces, Etc), Iron Tools (Woodcutting Axe, Mining Pickaxe, Bandsaw) Sandpaper

Companion: fire Dragon.

Abilities: Mining, flight, and tailoring

Head Admin

GP

Name
    Valic Anebrilion
    Race
    Tiefling

View Profile
    I nodded politely to Lilith, smiling at the kindness in her response. Despite losing her family, though they seemed hostile at best, she was willing to help me. It was nice to find someone who I could see eye-to-eye with. Granted, it was also nice to meet someone else who had horns for that matter.

The fire was slowly dwindling, so I had to put more lumber on it, but otherwise it was a quiet night. Overhead the stars were beginning to glow like diamond pinpricks across the pure violet streaked background through an assortment of wispy clouds painted an auburn hue. The sun was setting and the winds were shifting from dry heat to a bone chilling cold.

“We’re going to either need a bigger fire,” I said as I looked around at the small oasis and shadow laden sands beyond, “...or shelter of some sort. It doesn’t look like there is any real shelter here though, except for maybe a small rock out cove? What do you think?”

Adventurer

GP

Name
    Lilithios Lunar Darkwing
    Race
    Blood Elf/Demon

View Profile
    Lilith nodded lightly and tried getting up, although she was still much too hurt to be moving around "Good call...I certainly don't want to freeze to death out here" She chuckles
    Equipment: Iron Dual weapons (Swords, Axes, Maces, Etc), Iron Tools (Woodcutting Axe, Mining Pickaxe, Bandsaw) Sandpaper

Head Admin

GP

Name
    Valic Anebrilion
    Race
    Tiefling

View Profile
    I shrugged and pointed towards the crags close to the entrance of the oasis, which faced inwards and seemingly away from the night winds. I plucked a large branch from the flames and tried to scoop up what kindling I could with my opposite arm. "We're going to have to move our fire into the area if we want to keep the warmth. Grab what you can and meet me over there, we'll just use this torch to start it."

Adventurer

GP

Name
    Lilithios Lunar Darkwing
    Race
    Blood Elf/Demon

View Profile
    She nods As she gathers the kindling and whatever she can And meets starts moving towards the area. She was still wounded however and forced to move slowly as a result. It wasn't easy for her to have to struggle like this.

Head Admin

GP

Name
    Valic Anebrilion
    Race
    Tiefling

View Profile
    The two of us tucked into an outcropping. I dropped my pile of brush and small twigs a big haphazardly just inside the mouth of the cave, and placed the burning piece of timber onto it. I could see the smoke start to slowly seep from the fresh palm fronds. It looks as if the stick was glowing behind the frond, slowly causing it to change to an ashen color before eventually catching flame. I shuffled the other smaller branches over it and turned towards Lilith.

"Let me help ya," I said as I took the small stack of branches from her hands and offered a shoulder for her to use as support. "That mus' be one nasty wound ya got for it to still be ailin' you like that."

Head Admin

GP

Name
    Valic Anebrilion
    Race
    Tiefling

View Profile
    By the time the fire was going the night had definitely gotten much colder, almost to the bone cold that I really didn’t like. The two of us sat quietly, staring at the flames. Every so often I would toss on another couple twigs and the thin branches I had found. It was pretty obvious that the fire wasn’t going to last the entire night though, not without constant maintenance.

“I’m gonna go look fer more,” I indicated towards the wood and stood up. After dusting the loose sand off myself I pulled my hood up and wandered into the darkness of the night.

I could hear the stiff gusts of wind whistle through the cracks of the rocky shelter we had sequester ourselves in. It was an eerie sound that was hauntingly irrithmic. In a foreign land, unsure where, I couldn’t help but feel my skin crawl in my discomfort. Yet in the distance, it looked like there was some sort of flickering of light.

“Wha?” I questioned aloud as I watched the dot of light swing hypnotically. “Hey! I see somethin’ comin’ this way!”