Foreword

This is a particularly difficult foreword, as I find myself in the awkward position of admittedly being not entirely neutral. That said, perhaps in some ways that isn't always a bad thing.

The first thing that Storm Veritas ever said to me on the forums was on a judgment for Canen Darkflight, circa, I think, 2006. I remember it still to this day, although I imagine Storm himself will have slept a few nights since then. "If I saw you describe his 'Emerald green eyes' one more time, I would have thumbed my fucking eyes out". Back then, I would never have guessed that one day we would look back on five, nearly six years of collaboration together. In fact, back then I was just happy to get a score of 55 from the guy!

Fast forward to 2021, and we are now celebrating Storm's nearly twenty year career on Althanas. Twenty years. In that time, the list of his achievements on Althanas goes on, and on, and on. It includes awards prior to the big crash which, unfortunately, was lost to father time. It also includes accolades from Althanas 3.1, such as Judge's Choice awards for To expedite, explore and extract..., To expedite, explore and extract (continued) and The Cleansing Corruption. It includes tournament victories at both the Gisela and the Serenti Invitational, two tournaments that are notoriously difficult to win. It includes a Lornius Corporation Challenge victory with Rayse Valentino.

Those are just the achievements I can quantify from memory, and the use of the old site. What we can't quantify is the level of passion and drive that Storm has for Althanas. We can't measure the amount of effort he has put into his writing, or the brilliant ideas he has during his collaborations and solos.

As I said before, it has been nearly six years since we started the Brotherhood and wrote our collection together. In that time, I got to know not just Storm the character, or the writer, but the man behind it all too. If you're lucky enough to know him, you'll know that he's a great guy off the site too. The fact he is still doing this nearly twenty years on despite holding down a full time job and being a full time parent too is testament to this very Hall of Fame entry.

Before this gets too soppy, Storm, I want to say thank you to you for everything you do for this site and our "industry", and for continuing to carry my ass through threads six years down the line. Not just that, but from a personal point of view also listening to my shit on discord and helping me talk through some of the more difficult parts of this year.

Now, over to you.