Foreword

First off, I count myself lucky that I get to give a foreward to a Hall of Fame thread for a guy like Ithermoss. I hope that what I have to say gives a fair and accurate account of his career and the legacy he left behind; hopefully, not too far behind!

Ithermoss is a name that has been associated with Althanas since before Althanas 3.1, which puts him squarely in the very exclusive almost twenty year club. This is an extraordinary amount of time, and during this period he has contributed a great deal to the world you know today.

One example of something that Ithermoss heavily influenced was Althanian lore. He created the Codex of the Thaynes, which formed the entire core of Thayne lore that is still used and referred back to heavily today. Ithermoss was also responsible for founding the Gol'Bron, the Cult of the Thayne, back in the era when powergroups were an important part of our lives here. Anyone who was anyone knew the name.

Aside from things he created, Ithermoss was also a dedicated staffer who always tried to bring something new to the table. He would suggest ways to improve tournaments such as the Gisela (some of those suggestions stuck and remain part of the Gisela format today), and would always work hard to make people feel welcome and help them understand how Althanas worked (with a particular emphasis on the lore element of the site).

As a writer, he contributed some very memorable moments. The majority of his best work was sadly lost in the big crash preceding Althanas 3.1, but I do have a link to one particularly infamous canon submission here where a statue of him was purchased and placed into the desert. It's still out there, somewhere! All 89,000 GP of it!

One of my regrets is that I never had any exposure to Ithermoss during my own Althanas career, but I sincerely hope that one day I can coax him out of retirement and we can throw up a thread together.

Ithermoss, thank you for all of your hard work and dedication over the years. I am new to your social circle, but what I have experienced of you on a personal basis has been nothing short of a pleasure and I hope that this entry into the Hall of Fame is a "to be continued" rather than an end!

Over to you, sir!