I cried when she died.

When I stood amongst the other mourners, my head cowed and bowed, slowly breathing in and out, each inhale a fresh new beginning and each exhale an exhausted sigh. Silence, befitting such a funeral, filled the cold stone annex of the temple, and no bells rang out to declare - for quiet was what was needed that day. Serene peace for all to know that she - my mother and the saviour of Radasanth - had passed to the next world.

In my hand was the tightly gripping pale fingers of my younger brother whom I did not know well. Aderyn she had called him, her second hope after the chaos I had wrought. But yet we were her two unique endeavours, her 'greatest achievements' as she had called us later in life. The faun and the human, who faded in comparison to her glory.

Squeezing Aderyn's hand back I let my eyes slip closed, blocking out the view of her pale and frigid form, lying upon the marble altar and adorned in flowers and foliage. Beautiful as the day she had begun her endeavours in a brothel not a stone's throw from where me and the other mourners stood. Perfect.

Serene.

A loss.

But it was where I truly began.

*Non canon*