Level completed: 59%,
    EXP required for next Level: 3,308

GP

Name
    Azza "Sophia" Ambrose
    Race
    Dovicarus

View Profile
    Azza cast a glance to Leoric’s back between his shoulder blades and saw the inked lines of a tattoo. She couldn’t exactly make out what it was in the dim light, but she could guess what it meant: a criminal’s branding or a clan’s marking. Easily identifiable to those who knew what it was and for those that didn’t, it could serve as a deterrent depending on the cultural ideals surrounding tattoos.

The young woman couldn’t help but tense and roll her own shoulders before flexing her small wings, ruffling them slightly before offering what she hoped was a sympathetic smile. “I have something like that too. What’s the saying? Birds of a feather flock together?” Turning her attention to Kylie, Azza couldn’t help but ask in a teasing tone, “Do you have one hidden somewhere too?”

Kylie looked to be caught off guard with her spoon halfway to her mouth in mid scoop. The girl looked quickly between her caretaker and her current guest before slowly continuing the spoon’s journey. It took another moment before she just shrugged. “I don’t think so, though it’s not like I can look at my own back. But I guess my horns and you know how hard it is to hide horns already.”

There were several things that Azza wanted to say, but she bit her tongue to stop herself before looking over at Leoric. “Well, there you have it. Though I suppose I’m a bit more free from those clawing hands. They’re more guiding hands since I was the one doing the bad things, you know?” She gave another quick glance at Leoric’s form and studied it in the dim lighting for another moment before adding, “Maybe I could even guide you. Put what I’ve learned into practice and all that.” Resuming her own meal of the soup, Azza noticed that Kylie couldn’t stop glancing at her and Leoric as if considering something.

“She’s right, you know?” Kylie suddenly said. “I mean, about guiding. You’re headed to Underwood, right Azza? Leoric, I think the recent troubles here is something happened over there.”

That was certainly a surprise to Azza as she looked at Kylie. The mention of trouble at Underwood didn’t exactly sit well with her, but then again, it could be anything really. Trouble was, after all, everywhere and as minor as just the usual day to day or something more serious. Well, why not? Downing the rest of her soup, she then stuck out her hand towards Leoric with a bit of mirth, “What do you say? Want to hire me on as a guide? Maybe even a bodyguard from all the dangerous flora and fauna around in the woods?”
    Last edited by orphans; 11-11-2023 at 05:42 PM.

Adventurer

EXP: 12,641, Level: 4
    Level completed: 73%, EXP required for next Level: 1,359
    Level completed: 73%,
    EXP required for next Level: 1,359

GP

Name
    Leoric Blackwell
    Race
    Human

View Profile
    Leoric sighed, he really wasn’t in the habit of asking for help. After all he was a man, and a stubborn one at that, he liked to do everything himself. However, what they were saying did make sense.

“I don’t really need a bodyguard, I can take care of myself in that regard. But if you know your way through Underwood and can get me to where I am going faster it would save me time and money.” Leoric looked at the ground, a little ashamed of himself for agreeing to help. “Kylie, we will head to Ruby’s first thing in the morning, you can play with Eric all day, and Ruby will keep you safe till i get back.”

“Really?! They are so much fun to be around!” Kylie exclaimed, finally showing her age.

“Yep! And I will give Miss Ruby some extra coin so you can go enjoy yourselves in town as well.” Leoric smiled warmly as he walked over and ruffled her hair. “Now finish dinner and go get ready for bed kay? I will take care of cleaning up.”

It didn’t take long for Kylie to finish up her soup and dried meat before she quickly hugged Leoric and ran off into the disheveled stone hut. Before she quickly looked back and half whispered. “You may want to go for a bath as well, you stink a little”

Leoric raised an arm and took a sniff before nodding his head in agreement as she giggled and went inside. Leoric grabbed the bowls and pot used for the soup and carried it over to woods where he emptied any leftovers into a pile and wiped the bowls down before walking to the pond to rinse them.

“So if you are to be my guide for a few days, we should get to know each other so we aren't expecting a dagger in our backs. I am Leoric Blackwell, Former member of the Crimson Hand. I was one of their enforcers, their muscle, I got the job done no matter what. It wasn’t till i got list in the frozen wastes of Salvar, i only survived cause i found a cave with a naturally occurring hot spring inside. Animals tended to frequent it for safety from the elements so I harvested them to survive. After years of isolation I learned what I wanted to do….” He stopped rinsing the pot and looked back at his companion for a second before continuing. “Or I should say, what I want my legacy to be.”

After a few moments of silence he emptied the pot and bowls and started bringing them back towards the fire. “My life up to this point I detest, I consider myself a failure of a human being. So I decided to do everything I can to change, to make the last few decades of my life something worth sharing with others. Shortly after i decided this i met some fantastic people who i have to keep pushing for, Kylie is only one of the people i have to succeed for. She has had no one be there for her since her mother passed away. And I know that feeling, my whole life I have had no one there for me. And I won't let her life end up like mine.”

He turned to face his new guide and hopeful new friend. He sat down on the log next to the fire a little distance away from her as he finally let his muscles relax and took a deep breath, finally trying to let his guard down for once. “What about yourself? Obviously only share what you are comfortable with.”