EXP required for next Level: 8,780

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile

Hearts Gather...

(Note: this project is open to ALL! Note # 2: use of Liquid Time between Kalestiya and Nosdyn in effect! Enjoy doods! Note#3: We're back in Ettermire thanks to a Cool teleport. Gonna switch this to a Mature thread thanks for understanding! Note#4: Guys this thread will feature the DEATH of N'Jal we're gonna attempt to make this canon. If you guys wanna join its fine. We have a plan here!)

One night it happened...

He was in Ettermire one moment going about his business...

Suddenly, he awoke in Corone. The environs looked completely different and he gussed he was in Concordia Forest at that point. A splitting headache wore off at that point and he had to blink a few times to reorient his sight. He was whisked away to Corone, that much he knew but he did not know the purpose.

It was night which provided ample cover. He began to gather resources from the forest to make himself a rudimentary camp. Thankfully, it was summer time so it was very hot. He liked heat in general. The blue orc readied his camp and soon had a campfire goinog. He had to figure out for what purpose he was summoned. He didn't understand the mysteries of the Thayne. He ate calmly a freshly caught creature of the forest. The forest could provide all needs of survival.

He knew how to harvest all of the resources he needed.

Years of living in the wilderness taught him that, once he slept in cavern floors with the followers of N'Jal. Once he was a lowly follower of N'Jal. The dark thoughts bothered him for a moment.

That was years ago. The healer Kalestiya severed his ties to N'Jal and afforded him a new lease on life. As he ate many thoughts were considered. It was night time, mist swirled about the forest. Fireflies danced around the camp calmly. He readied a lantern to provide some light. He was not expecting company but it could happen and he knew it. He was waiting for some clue to pursue as to why he was summoned.

He sat on a comfortable camp supply bed roll. Eating he had with him a bunch of rudimentary supplies to survive out in the wild. His senses caught something moving just outside of his vision. His eyes narrowed. "I know youre there." He called out into the night.

Soon after, a follower of Hromagh emerged from the darkness. "Very good child of Demons." She paused for a moment and greeted the Demon Lord. "May I join your camp?"

He nodded. The Thayne were a mysterious lot.

She sat down next to him.

He looked at her carefully observing.

"Never seen one like you before." She said.

"There are not many like me." He added knowingly.

^(Enter here)
    Last edited by Nosdyn; 02-25-2024 at 06:57 AM.

Legend

EXP: 45,220, Level: 9
    Level completed: 13%, EXP required for next Level: 8,780
    Level completed: 13%,

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    "Don't come any closer." Nosdyn suddenly said to her.

She became startled by that. "I just wish for you to join us..."

Nosdyn acted. He took his prevalida sword and stabbed the woman in the stomach. "Your temple." He began. "Where is it."

She told him the location of the temple of Hromagh in Corone. Nosdyn had a grim expression on his face. At that point, a mysterious individual appeared wearing a interesting set of robes.

He looked at Nosdyn. "Child." He began. "I have a job for you should you decide to take it."

As the woman died, he sheathed his sword, kicking her once. "Never again will I obey the Thayne." He spit on her dying body.

Cool looked at Nosdyn. "But yes I have a job for you."

"Go on." Nosdyn said.

"The temple of Hromagh I wish for you to destroy it and kill all of it's folowers." Cool said.

"We are in agreement." Nosdyn said. "The greater Thayne should all fall."

Cool nodded. "Yes. I only need you to kneel my son."

Nosdyn kneeled before Cool. "May I know your name sire?"

"My name is Cool. I am seeking something you have joined my journey." He paused for a moment. "I will remain here. The temple do destroy it for me my son." He said.

"As you decree my lord." Nosdyn raised his hood and began to travel to the temple on foot...
    Last edited by Nosdyn; 01-26-2024 at 01:10 PM.

Legend

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    Once he was a lowly servant of N'Jal.

That all changed when a woman named Kalestiya severed his ties to N'Jal. N'Jal even saying her name made his blood boil with rage. He a child of the Tular Plains reduced to fighting for scraps as a servant of N'Jal. Never again! He swore he would end the Greater Thayne himself with his own bare hands. A mortal could kill the Thayne it was proven! Nosdyn had a maelstrom of thoughts in his mind as he slowly marched to Hromagh's temple.

Fireflies danced around the temple as the shadowy killer approached it that night.

Guards were lazily falling half asleep due to lack of action.

Pathetic.

He would kill them all.

As Nosdyn approached, there were no words. There was no hesitation. There was merely a fluid action of one consequence. Murder. He would Kill. Them. All. His prevalida sword singed through the night air as he slashed at the two front guards. One fell immediately as he was cut down. The other reacted too late. He managed a muffled scream as he was cut in half and destroyed. The silent killer made his approach into the temple...

Legend

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    He moved silenly and with a purpose.

Cutting down any he came across. There was no negotiation, no demands, no mercy given. ALL were cut down. He entered room after room and destroyed all he came across. His eyes were seething with rage. His black heart was pumping angrilly. His eyes were narrowed and steely with rage. He cut down all he came across.

"Why are you doing this?" A guard asked him.

Nosdyn merely moved on the guard and took the man's head off. "You are all going to die." Nosdyn said finally as he cut down another and another. His rage was without bounds. Murderous glory. He made his way into a chamber of a bunch of priests. NOW. This would be interesting. He thought to himself as they began to channel their smite spells.

An initial burning sensation pierced Nosdyn's flesh.

He could survive a small tactical nuke landing on his head. He was well trained by that point. One of the priests were cut in half and killed immediately. "There is nothing to say defend yourselves!" Nosdyn yelled with rage. He moved on the nearest of the priests as they channeled their spells again to no avail. Nosdyn cut them all down. A few moments later it was over.

He was covered in their blood. He had not realized their blood had been spilled on him. He looked at the dead bodies everywhere. Assuming he was done, he prepared to take his leave of the temple...

Legend

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    A few hours later...it was over.

The temple of Hromagh fell to the last man.

This is the first step... Nosdyn thought to himself. Grimly. As he stepped outside of the temple, something happened. A familiar person was waiting for him outside. Memories sparked from the past. "You...." Nosdyn said.

She removed her hood. She was a follower of N'Jal. LILLY. She looked at him with sad eyes. She had been a lover at one point.

Nosdyn's chest rose up and down with exctement. "What do you want?" Nosdyn asked.

She looked at Nosdyn carefully. "Heard you got free." She sighed. "Didn't think that was possible."

Nosdyn sheathed his weapon. Lilly was not a threat...not yet. "Men can kill the Thayne." Nosdyn said plainly.

She knew Nosdyn had come a long way without N'Jal. Once he was just another lowly servant. Now...he was so much more. She looked at him. "How did you do it, how did you free yourself?"

Nosdyn hesitated for a moment. "There is a Healer, she works them miracles." Nosdyn paused. "Tell our people they can be freed."

"Who are they?" Lilly pleaded with Nosdyn. "I need the name."

"...The healer is named Kalestiya." Nosdyn said. "Lilly. Come with me." He pleaded with her.

She considered. "I've done too much Nosdyn." She sighed. "It has been years since you left. Things have happened. I don't know if they can welcome us now."

He nodded knowingly. "They accepted me. I'm a Demon. They will accept you too." He extended his hand out to her. "Come with me." He asked pleading once more.

"I can't Nosdyn not while N'Jal yet lives." She paused for a moment preparing to leave. She had a name. She planted the seed of a mission in Nosdyn's mind. She looked at Nosdyn one last time. "You look good freed. It's hard to realize how much she takes away from you."

Nosdyn nodded. "We will meet again." He swore. She was an Undead follower of N'Jal. Nosdyn watched her raise her hood as she left. He sighed and took his own leave.
    Last edited by Nosdyn; 02-08-2024 at 10:08 AM.

Legend

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    He returned to his own camp.

As expect the Lesser Thayne Cool was waiting for him. Nosdyn bowed down to his sire. "It is done my lord."

Cool nodded. "To the man?"

"To the man." Nosdyn said. "It was actually quite easy."

"Nosdyn. Listen to me very carefully. The Greater Thayne must all die." Cool continued. "Hromagh was killed by a Man. Men can kill The Thayne." Cool looked away for a moment. He returned his gaze to Nosdyn. "Take a night or two to rest. You've been busy my child."

Nosdyn nodded and considered something. "I don't sleep my Lord if that's what you mean."

Cool chuckled as they stood there chatting. "You will be a fearsome enemy indeed. They won't be able to stand against you."

"What is the next move?" Nosdyn asked. "What do we do now?"

Cool nodded. "The next move is..."

Legend

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    (Experimenting with a new style!)

The night mists swirled around his camp as he discussed matters with Cool. Nosdyn kept his eyes narrowed as they spoke at length. Fireflies gave off their glow like a consistrent heart beat. Nosdyn pondered what Cool was saying. Then something happened. Nosdyn suddenly looked at Cool and said what he needed to. "Return me to Ettermire." He said to Cool. "I was whisked away here for a reason I do not yet understand. I wish to return home."

Cool considered what Nosdyn just said. "Are you sure?" He asked of Lord Nosdyn.

Nosdyn nodded. "I have a family who is waiting for me back home." Nosdyn said. "This life is no longer for me." He looked away for a moment. "Come with me back to Ettermire Maester Cool. I promise there is much to see and do there."

Cool considered Nosdyn's proposal. "Very well. You are full of surprises Lord Nosdyn. Show me what Ettermire has to offer." With that, Cool opened a dimensional rift between Corone and Ettermire. Cool motioned for Nosdyn to step in the gate.

Nosdyn gathered his things and did so. A moment later he opened his eyes outside of Ettermire area. Cool was standing alongside him. Since the Thayne whisked him away to Corone months had passed. He knew his wife would be very worried. He looked at Maester Cool. "Come with me." They went together back to Nosdyn's house in Ettermire.

"Nosdyn!" He heard the familiar voice of his wife.

Once he arrived at his house. Nosdyn and Cool looked at her. "My lady I have returned. I apologize for..." She immediately ran up to him and kissed him deeply.

"I was sooooo worried my love." She said and hugged Nosdyn closely. "When you vanished I feared the worst. I thought another House got you."

Nosdyn sighed. "I ended up in Corone for some time. I don't understand what happened." Nosdyn introduced his friend. "This is Lord Cool." He paused. "My lady he is a Lesser Thayne." Nosdyn said.

Her eyes went wide for a moment. "Sorry my Lord. Where are my manners." She knelt before Nosdyn and Cool.

Cool observed the woman's mannerisms. "That won't be needed." He said. "Normal mannerisms are fine. I don't require any grandiose gestures." He said slyly. He looked away for a moment. "Is it okay if I stay with you in your lovely home?" He asked.

She nodded. "Of course my Lord. You may stay with us."

He nodded. "Very well my Lady. I thank you for your kindness."

Nosdyn kept staring at the road for a moment. He was making sure no threats were behind them. The brief interaction with Lilly troubled him. It had been months since Kalestiya freed him. He looked at his wife. "My Lady." He said. "One of N'Jal's folks contacted me in Corone. It troubled me to see her."

The woman considered. "She followed you from here in Alerar?" She asked.

"I'm not sure." He responded. "But I am aware she knew where I was. Something is afoot." A clue landed on his lap. He knew the Children of N'Jal lived in Alerar region. Nosdyn was a thinker and something was not adding up.

Ealladra nodded. "I will look into this form of travel. I suspect I know what it could be. I'll ask one of the Temple of Lloth maidens I know."

He looked at Cool. "Well then. Let's get indoors my wife makes a good cuisine. You should definitely try it." Nosdyn told Cool.

Cool agreed and walked with them indoors.

Legend

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    The house was constructed in typical late Ettermire historical design.

It was a gift handed down in Ealladra's family for generations.

Nosdyn pondered many things as they sat at the table in the living room. "N'Jal. You want me to kill N'Jal?" He asked of Cool. Many thoughts passed his mind at that point. The room was well lit with candelabra. Small fires flickering shadows across the room.

Cool noticed Nosdyn's reaction. He frowned but kept serious. "In short, yes."

Ealladra looked at the two men and nodded. She went to go serve them more food.

"I'm going to need time." Nosdyn said. "Can you let me think on this for a while?"

Cool nodded. "Yes I understand. You have a history with N'Jal. I understand how this would be a difficult choice for you." Cool continued. "Go ahead and take all of the time you need."

Nosdyn nodded. "Men can kill the Thayne." Nosdyn said.

Cool nodded. "It will all fall on brave mortals like yourself."

Nosdyn pondered what Cool was asking. It would mean and end to the long nightmare. It would mean the destruction of N'Jal. He sighed he did not know why he felt so much anxiety. Many thoughts passed through his mind...

"I understand how you must feel. I know I am asking much of you Nosdyn." Cool looked away for a moment shadows dancing across his fair skin.

Nosdyn looked at his Maester. "N'Jal will be a difficult kill."

"Here." Cool said. "It's a device to weaken her defenses." He placed a small relic on the table between them.

Nosdyn took the relic in his large hands. "Eldritch." He whispered. "These marks are ancient..."

Cool nodded. "I have been preparing for this day for a long time." He said. "You cannot imagine how long. Time works different for us Thayne folks."

Nosdyn nodded. "I've ever only seen a few Eldricht devices in my life at all." Nosdyn narrowed his eyes. "You mean to do this then?" He considered the situation heavily. It would mean the death of N'Jal. Her destruction. Men could kill the Thayne. Joshua Cronen proved that much.

Cool nodded. "You mortal folks do not need the Thayne. You can carve your own destinies."

Nosdyn nodded. He held the device in his hand. "When do I use this?"

"When you weaken her." Cool said. "Nosdyn. I won't lie it will be a fearsome battle."

Nosdyn agreed and nodded. "Yeah. But there might be a way..." Nosdyn's strategic mind was thinking of possibilities. He was pondering on Kalestiya his friend. He looked at Cool for a moment. "If I agree to do this thing will you give me time to save my people?" Nosdyn asked of Cool.

Cool frowned briefly. "What do you mean?"

The game was afoot. Nosdyn explained about the healer Kalestiya. He explained his people could be saved. The undead servants of N'Jal. In so doing they could vastly weaken N'Jal. He explained. "She works them miracles. I don't understand how her powers work." He rubbed his chin deep in thought. Nosdyn was a strategic thinker.

Cool considered. "Contact your friend." He said. "You will need every edge you have."

Legend

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    He spent the better portion of that night writing Kalestiya the letter.

He was not sure where she'd be but he had a good idea. He was invitring her to use her abilities to free the undead from N'Jal's grasp. He was a tactical thinker and he wanted his people to be free.

The letter was completed at the wee hours of the night.

(Nosdyn's thoughts in italics) Once he was done writing on the parchment, he folded the letter and candle wax pressed the Krotar house emblem on the envelope. He thought of his Father at that point. And what he'd been forced to do. "I'm sorry Father for all of it." He said. He took the letter and attached it to his messenger bird. A large black raven. He attached the letter to his old friend. "To Kalestiya brother. You know how to find her."

He kawed in approval. Nosdyn gave the large bird a treat as payment. He watched his old friend fly off to Kalestiya.

"You are a curious speciment." Cool said he'd been staying in their house that whole time.

Nosdyn nodded. "Thank you. It's been a long time since N'Jal."

"Are you confident you can do this?" Cool asked.

Nosdyn agreed. "I can. It must be done. I will free my people and kill N'Jal."

Cool sat down next to Nosdyn. "I know I am asking for a lot here."

"The Undead will be the final key to the puzzle." Nosdyn explained. "She uses them to do her bidding and grow stronger. I think if we free them it will disrupt a lot. Will you be present Maester Cool?"

Cool considered. "Do you want me to be?"

"Yes my lord. We will need your skill here." They spoke until the next day...

Legend

GP

Name
    ~Nosdyn Krotar~
    Race
    ~Old Soldier~

View Profile
    Some days later...

The pieces were in place. Nosdyn's large black bird returned from Kalestiya a few days later. Nosdyn held out his arm and the bird landed on his arm. Nosdyn fed it a treat. He had a close relationship with that bird. He petted the bird's head for a moment after feeding it a treat that he liked to eat. Nosdyn moved to place his bird safely away. After taking the letter back from Kalestiya. He read the letter. It was an agreement to his proposal. He placed the letter from his friend in his packs. It smelled of her. It got him hard...he would take that out on his wife Ealladra later.

Nosdyn considered matters they would move on N'Jal once they were all ready. The plan was in place. Nosdyn did things in a very meanigful way and they were gonna move against N'Jal's machinations. A part of Nosdyn dreaded that whole battle. But he'd become something more by that point, he'd become the fighter he was meant to be.

"What troubles you so my lord?" Ealladra asked of him.

"It's N'Jal...I'm actually terrified. I don't think I have the skill to dispatch her." He said truthfully.

She kissed him. "You will do well my lord. I have faith in your capabilities." She said.

Nosdyn nodded. "Kalestiya has agreed to my proposal." He said. "We will move once Kalestiya arrives."

"Do you want me present my lord?" She asked hugging him close.

"No. Stay with our children." Nosdyn narrowed his eyes. Soon one of the most epic battles perhaps in their whole history would occur...soon their people would be free. "If Joshua Cronen is right MEN can kill the Thayne."

She kissed him. "It will be a sight to see."

"Let's get indoors." Nosdyn said to his wife. "We have some time to kill." He winked