GP

Name
    Pandion
    Race
    Aarakocra

Pandion - Aarakocra Lvl 1

Pandion -

Languages: Common, Aarakocra, Elvish, Auran, Common, Sahuagin

Speed: 25 ft walking, 50 ft flying (cannot use medium/heavy armor)
    Height: 5'
    Weight: 85lbs
    Alignment: Chaotic Good- Chaotic good (CG) creatures act as their conscience directs, with little regard for what others expect.
    Faith: Remis, Lord of Eagles

Personality: Folk Hero
    You come from a humble social rank, but you are destined for so much more. Already the people of your home village regard you as their champion, and your destiny calls you to stand against the tyrants and monsters that threaten the common folk everywhere.

Since you come from the ranks of the common folk, you fit in among them with ease. You can find a place to hide, rest, or recuperate among other commoners, unless you have shown yourself to be a danger to them. They will shield you from the law or anyone else searching for you, though they will not risk their lives for you.

I’m confident in my own abilities and do what I can to instill confidence in others. If someone is in trouble, I’m always ready to lend help. Freedom. Tyrants must not be allowed to oppress the people. (Chaotic) Respect. People deserve to be treated with dignity and respect. (Good).I protect those who cannot protect themselves. I have a weakness for the vices of the city, especially hard drink and gambling.

Lifestyle:
    A poor lifestyle means going without the comforts available in a stable community. Simple food and lodgings, threadbare clothing, and unpredictable conditions result in a sufficient, though probably unpleasant, experience. Your accommodations might be a room in a flophouse or in the common room above a tavern. You benefit from some legal protections, but you still have to contend with violence, crime, and disease. People at this lifestyle level tend to be unskilled laborers, costermongers, peddlers, thieves, mercenaries, and other disreputable types.

Appearance:
    He looks like a humanoid bird. His head is like a seahawk or falcon. he has white feathers on his body, but brown with golden streaks for his wings. His hands and feet end in 4 digits that have talons.

Ability Scores:
    Dexterity - 17
    Strength - 12
    Constitution - 12
    Wisdom - 14
    Intelligence - 10
    Charisma - 9

Favored Enemy:You have advantage on Wisdom (Survival) checks to track your favored enemies, as well as on Intelligence checks to recall information about them. When you gain this feature, you also learn one language of your choice that is spoken by your favored enemies, if they speak one at all.
    Elves - Elvish
    Sahuagin

Natural Explorer: Costal Terrain
    • Difficult terrain doesn’t slow your group’s travel.
    • Your group can’t become lost except by magical means.
    • Even when you are engaged in another activity while traveling (such as foraging, navigating, or tracking), you remain alert to danger.
    • If you are traveling alone, you can move stealthily at a normal pace.
    • When you forage, you find twice as much food as you normally would.
    • While tracking other creatures, you also learn their exact number, their sizes, and how long ago they passed through the area.

Proficiency:
    Armor: Light, Medium, Sheilds
    Weapons: Simple, Martial
    Tools: Vehicles (Land), Leatherworkers Tools
    Saving Throws: Strength, Dexterity

Skills:
    Exceptional (+5 or higher)
    Sleight of Hand, Stealth

Adept (+3-4)
    Acrobatics, Animal Handling, Medicine, Survival

Above Average (+1-2)
    Two-weapon Fighting
    Athletics, Insight, Perception

Average (0 +/-)
    Arcana, History, Intimidation, Nature, Religion

Below Average (-1/-2)
    Deception, Performance, Persuasion

Unskilled (-3/-4)

Atrocious (-5 or higher)

Items
    Leather Armor -
    Longbow - Osage Orange wood
    Shortsword (2) - Steel
    Arrows (20) - Pine shaft, flint head

Clothes, Common
    Woodcarver's Tools
    Iron Pot
    Shovel

Abilities

None

History:
    And he woke…

The talons of his hands had slowly gripped the hard-packed sand of the beach as he had pushed himself off his chest and onto his wings. Golden orbs peeked at the noonday sun, the edges twitching in pain as the light pierced his wide eyes. He could smell the salt in the air, hear the lapping of waves moving in rhythm to his heartbeats.

“Where am I?” He had asked himself, only to find that the thought brought more questions. “Who am I?”

The Aarakocra had lifted himself from his tucked in wings, sitting up and looking around. The beach was clean and empty of anything other than fine particles of sand and the occasional crustation. His body was covered in wet sand, matted into his pristine alabaster feathers. The remnants of clothing clung only to his bottom half, barely covering his waist; baggy slacks of cloth ragged and worn. As he looked over himself he could force no recollection of his past and reason for his present to his mind.

“H-h-hello?” The voice startled the raptor and his head snapped towards its origin. A child, human. She stood a handful of paces away from him, her bronze eyes radiant in the reflection of the sun off the calm waves. She clutched half a loaf of bread to her chest as if protecting it from the startled Aarankocra. “A-are you a… uhhh... ok?”

The man stood slowly, extending his 10-foot wingspan to full length, flapping lightly to brush out as much sand as he could. With the movement the child retreated and slipped, falling as she stumbled backwards. “D-d-don’t eat me!” she cried as she threw the rest of the bread she had been clutching towards
    the bird humanoid.

He picked it up slowly and looked at her. With a quick peck he pulled a chunk away; stale brown bread with a hint of caraway. Why he could identify that he was not sure, as he could not even tell the child how he had arrived on the beach or why. “Chirp, I will not – chirp – hurt you,” he said between bites, “Where am I, child?”

A year later - Age 4

The Aarakocra found himself a bit of a local celebrity, in a way. His past was a mystery, lost to the lapping waves of the ocean.

What he had learned, though, were certain internal traits about himself that were well incorporated into his very nature. He had taken the name of Pandion, and through his studies had begun to believe that Remnis, Lord of Eagles, would guide him to his future. He was neither noble nor peasant but had a certain prowess with weapons and an analytical, perfectionist nature that made him a perfect Arbitrator for the village of Whitharbor. As a Judge, he was asked to reflect on the issues of others, as well as assist in the protection of the village.

He was given a name by the young girl Willoby, who had given him the stale, brown-bread a year prior. Pandion, the Seahawk minor deity of the village. A fitting name as the Aarakocra looked very much like a humanoid simulacrum of the predators that made their homes around Whitharbor. During his time, he had had to protect the village from other humans, bandits at most. He has also fought with elves of the forest nearby and the savage Sahuagin who raid from the shores.
    Last edited by DMDude02; 01-31-2024 at 01:30 PM. Reason: update as requested

upon the cheek of night

EXP: 224,444, Level: 20
    Level completed: 0%, EXP required for next Level: 0
    Level completed: 0%,
    EXP required for next Level: 0

GP

Name
    Joshua Breaker Cronen
    Race
    Demigod
    Hey there, welcome to Althanas. Looks like an interesting character from the background you've provided. Could you put more of the character's info into this thread, formatted like this? You can keep the link to the D&D version if you want, but we need to keep track of your Althanas-specific abilities here. Thanks!
    "The breeze did not stir. The stars did not twinkle. The trees did not sway and the brook did not babble.
    For the world did not turn when Am'aleh wept, and a tear had tumbled down her cheek."

Newcomer

GP

Name
    Pandion
    Race
    Aarakocra
    Editting - Please hold
    Last edited by DMDude02; 01-31-2024 at 08:55 AM.

Newcomer

GP

Name
    Pandion
    Race
    Aarakocra
    I changed the first post with his info

Ice Ice Baby

EXP: 22,697, Level: 6
    Level completed: 39%, EXP required for next Level: 4,303
    Level completed: 39%,
    EXP required for next Level: 4,303