Althanian

EXP: 31,031, Level: 7
    Level completed: 51%, EXP required for next Level: 3,969
    Level completed: 51%,
    EXP required for next Level: 3,969

GP

Name
    Robert Bertrand
    John stood, a life of strangeness the only thing keeping him from going slackjawed at Gum's, and then the paladin's, command of this spirit, some remnant of a bygone age, maybe trapped just the same way the three of them were.

At the paladin's command, the spirit brightened, if only slightly. He saw the detail of the stone in the cavern. It spoke, resolving from a mote of light no bigger than his fist into a wide sheet, drifting toward one side of the cavern, the side still made of dirt and roots.

"I will help you as I can, but I fear my time is short. A force draws me hence. I will help you ere I am gone, though. This path leads I know not where, but staying here is your demise as surely as it was mine. Good luck."

The spirit's light shifted, fading. It looked like it was being sucked...into something, or out of something, but as John noticed it enough to think about it, the light was gone, faded into bits no larger than a flying spark from his forge, and lasting just as long. In place of the spirit, there was a small doorway, so short that even Gum with his hunched form would need to stoop a little to pass through.

This was not going to be a fun trip.

As the spirit went, so did the light though, and John reached out to a mossy wall to steady himself in the darkness.

"Anybody got a light?"
    Last edited by redford; 10-17-2017 at 06:31 PM.