DISCLAIMER: This post contains material that may be sensitive to some readers, please read at your own discretion

He wouldn't kill me!? Why? WHY? W̯͈͔̬̘̫H̞̘͔̗ͅ ̰Ỳ̵̲̹ He reveled in it! He enjoyed it. I knew he did. The way his thin lips twisted up into a satisfied snarl, the way his pulse increased...and how I could feel that exhilaration pump through him through the pads of his fingers as I struggled to breathe. He enjoyed taking my life, just like he did any other- so why now deny me my right?

"You live for not just yourself. You live for our child now."

His words didn't quite reach me, not at first. They didn't make sense. A child? I was no child. We did not adopt any. Granted, Advencia was more childlike than most would realize but -

but...

My eyes widened as I struggled to look up at him, burning pain wracking every inch of my body. Did he just say our child?

"K-Kill it!" I hissed. I couldn't be, I shouldn't be! I thought I wasn't able to conceive. HOw did this HaPpEn? I immedietly gripped my abdomen, sinking my fingernails into my skin. I held in a cry of pain as wave after wave of agony shot through my burning body. I had to remove it. It CouLd not JeaPorDize the CrImSon HanD.

It was nOt my job to be a ḿ̬͕͇͢�*oÌ´Ì¢Ì®Ì±Ì Ì¤t̸̟̝hÍÌ¨Ì«Ì«ÍÍ–Ì¹Í ™Í•e̶̷̤͙r̴̨̳̖̣.

My one and only purpose was to KiLl.

My body retched and I spluttered up a dark, almost black blood as I dug my fingers deeper into the flesh of my abdomen. I just had to...get rid...of it. It was a ḅ̢̫̘̺̜̻͢ͅuÍŸÌ·Ì Í…Ìªr̻̼̯͚̯͉̫̬͞d ¢Ì©Ì£Ìže͇͇̮͜͢n�*͏ ̘͍̘̺̩͕̜̗͘ a weaknEss. I tried to dig my fingers in deeper, blood oozed from my wounds and I could feel the meaty sinue of my own muscle tissue but before I could force my fingers deeper into my own body I felt his strong grip around my wrists.

"I've already considered that, I do not think it would work in your case." His words were low and pensive as he pulled my fingers away. He held my wrists firmly as he pulled me closer. "Scarlet. I need you, and I need our child." I struggled against his grip, but in my current state I was too weak to fight.

"L-Liability." I breathed. I fell foward to have my head rest upon his shoulder.

"I know." He said.

"C-can't..." I breathed, I could see glimmers and flashes of golden light healing my wounds. I could feel it, the pain, the nausea - I struggled to keep up. Shit....I was loosing consciousness again.

"It's ok..." He cooed, gently running his fingers through my matted red hair and this time it was genuine. His body wasn't rigid and his eyes weren't drifted off into the distance, they were focused on me. I could see that, even with my hazy vision and as much as I fought it. His ministrations slowly pushed me into a state of unconsciousness.

---

The next few days were a blur, it could have been three days, maybe a week...I spent most of it writhing and screaming in agony when I was conscious. I caught glimpses of things. Of Lichensith Ulroke, and Zero - arguing over my barely breathing form. Of Richard and he, discussing quietly amongst themselves over his desk. Of Advencia who came in often, changing my dressings and binding me with thick chains to the bed so I would not harm myself.

I don't remember... but apparently I had tried to rip the little thing inside of me out time and time again...

Finally, I was feeling somewhat sane again.

my eyes fluttered open and they were met with the blurry visage of a very familiar silver haired man. I could feel a cool sensation pressed firmly against my head and seeing his outstretched arm meant one thing. He was tending to me. My head, my fever. It felt like it had finally broke.

"Lye?" I asked, reaching out to place a hand over his.

He glanced down at me. "Your eyes." He commented as his fingers gently grazed my eyelids.

"What about them?" My voice felt weak, I still felt ill but no longer did my entire being feel like it was on fire.

"A pitiless black with a center as red as your hair, but surrounding that is a golden rim." He paused, I tried to read the emotion on his face but if he felt anything it did not show. "Welcome back Scarlet."

His words confused me. Everything felt so surreal. had the last few weeks even happened? "Am I-"

"Yes."

"Is it your-"

"Yes." His second confirmation was spoken with more resolution, he wouldn't even let me finish the question.

I shifted my gaze to the ceiling. This...complicated things. How was I supposed to do my job. I wasn't sure what I felt, if anything. Should I be happy? Annoyed? I could feel something stirring inside of me, and I knew that my days being 'an emotionless demon' were coming to an end. I would remain adament though... that I would not let emotions rule me, nor will I let them reign as free as they once were.

"I am...not sure what I am supposed to feel at this moment."

I slowly sat up, aware of Lye leaning forward, arm ready to catch me if I were to falter.

"How long... have I been -" I paused, how do I describe what I went through?

"How long was I broken?"