Her brow was still high, as high as it could go, letting the glory of her fully black eyes peer at the young man before her. Young in terms of a human, certainly, but maybe older than Stare in years. There was a certain advantage to being: one, of a race little others knew about; and two, being of a race with accelerated aging.

"The proper name is kenku," Stare replied, her beak only slightly opening as she spoke. Most of her words, after all, were formed in the back of her throat and accentuated with her long dark tongue. "Though we used to use the word 'tengu,' but that is a long time ago."

On the suggestion of the human - she presumed he was so by his seemingly normal appearance - Stare took a slumped seat across from him. Her eyes glanced down and read upside down the sentences that he was scribing. She blinked as she read ways that he considered she could be made to imbibe poison without use of a classic vial. With an amused gleam in her eyes she pointedly raised her tankard and opened her beak wide. Then, with a practised clawed hand she lay the edge of the tankard to the very edge of her beak and tipped the liquid in.

Quite ordinary for her, but quite unusual for anyone else to watch.

"I'm not immune to poison in the same manner the next being or beast is," she shrugged. "Remedies for the same matter." She smiled in her eyes. "My race has about three or four thousand members in its whole species, so it's rare to have heard of us."

She sat back and looked briefly over to the man with the steak, just checking to see if he was going to start fighting again.

"I'm Avis. Or used to be. Now Stare," she stared at him, her eyes begin to shimmer. "So what do you do? You're a ... Poisoner then?"