The Homunculi stared at the mage and was waiting for an answer and met the gaze of the man. They felt slightly uncomfortable at his gaze, and kept shifting their eyes between staring into his and looking away. But at the mention of the plan, Ezra refocused at the man. It would be rather rude to ignore him. '...She?' Ezra did their best to keep their face as still as possible as the mage gave a short answer that he was looking for a woman of some kind. That the man whose teeth Ezra had left back in the clearing after kicking them out might have the answer to her location and that's why they were lugging this waste of space with them. This was... rather humanizing of him. Ezra saw the Rebel as less of a jerk and just a gruff man on the search for someone important, damn the consequences.

When he finally gave up his name to Ezra (Atzar, curious name that), the Homunculi's eyes seemed to sparkle as they gave the man a small smile of satisfaction. Learning his name was a small joy in this forsaken mountainous hell that they had wandered into, so learning his name was akin to making a new friend. Friends were important, after all. Friends kept you from being prosecuted as an abomination and murdered horribly.

"...you want to know my story, Atzar?" The Homunculi stared directly at the mage, e"yes peering at him as if trying to ascertain his motive. Of course he would be curious; most people that had met Ezra had given them odd looks. But no one up to this point had genuinely asked about their story. Most people were too polite or just let it roll off their backs to really probe. It was a blessing yet a curse; how does one explain their odd existence when they don't really know their history? They didn't answer the question immediately, choosing to instead to just hum for a moment to draw out time to think. After a few moments, they gave Atzar a rather odd look before speaking.

"Well," Ezra started, seeming somewhat hesitant in their speech, "There was once a man whose knowledge knew no bounds. A great and powerful sorcerer, one whose magic prowess was unmatched in his age. But, he suffered to a curse that everyone succumbs to at some point: the man had aged. He had grown old and his desire for knowledge had cost him any opportunity to figure out a way to continue his legacy and keep his magic theory alive for generations to come. In his haste to prolong his life, he dove into his knowledge for some kind of way to prolong the the inevitable. The fates were kind to the sorcerer, in a way, and... our paths crossed. Now I have o-... his tome, and it is bound to me. I was told there was possibly a magical item that was held by a well-known mage here, something that could help me unlock his tome and continue the research for him."

Upon finishing, they looked away from Atzar, their gaze shifted to anywhere but the mage. Ahead, there lay the trunk of a large fallen tree covered in white snow. Clearly the tree had been there for some time, but not long enough to fall apart entirely in the cold weather. "Atzar, let us stop behind the tree and see if we can wake up the mage hunter here to answer some questions. Sooner you get your answers, the sooner we leave him for his buddies to find and get rid of the extra weight."