Things were happening quickly.

Elthas knelt down to the injured soldier, his wound grievous, but not fatal.

Though the fact remained, there was an imminent threat. Elthas was glad that he had his friends present at that exact moment. He blinked for a moment attempting to calm down. He then looked a the few soldiers that arrived with the injured. Elthas nodded again.

Sketch, Ezra and Nevin were all present. Elthas looked at Nevin at that point. "Do it." Somehow, Elthas had been given the mantle of leadership. He didn't mind it. Elthas looked at the gathered in the tavern, several burly types approached the defenders.

"We can help too." One of the warriors said.

Elthas looked at Sketch at that point...A Summoner... That interested Elthas greatly. He knew from the teachings of his people that Summoners were even more rare than the other schools of magic. His mind was working quickly. "All right, you two there." He pointed to some volunteers. "Take the defenseless and put them someplace safe. We don't know how many there are." From what Elthas knew about Goblinkin, was that they oft worked in large groups. Concealing their numbers.

Elthas knelt down towards the injured soldier. "Kraat." He said the man's name. "How many are attacking the mine area?"

"There were five that I saw. Their weapons are likely poisoned, sir." Kraat said calmly.

Elthas stood up at that point. "Nevin, help all you can." He said calmly. Then he looked at Ezra. "Take your time to prepare, friend. I'll meet you at the mines." Elthas suddenly had a fiercely determined look on his face. He looked at Sketch. "Come with us, my friend. We must do all we can to thwart the attack." Elthas stepped outside...

His mind became a blur at that point. There were the sounds of screams everywhere, friends and comrades injured at the hands of savage Goblins. Elthas's face remained determined. As he stepped out, several folks stepped out with him. Elthas looked towards Sketch, and the gathered volunteers. "Keep a tight formation, Nevin and the others will tend to the wounded." Elthas drew his finely crafted daggers. His eyes narrowed and up ahead he saw several soldiers, near the mine. Elthas moved quickly, faster than most of the Humans could move. As was his nature, he was one of the first on the scene.

Elthas...oddly enough...began to sing.

He saw several injured folks on the way to the front lines. He had no medicinal/healing arts and could not help them. Nevin could, maybe Ezra and the apothecary of the town. Elthas spotted the locale Captain of the militia fighting with all he had. Elthas narrowed his eyes.

The first Goblin turned his attention towards Elthas. (Loosely translated from Goblin Tongue) "<Interloper, my lord!>"

The leader of The Goblin squad was fighting the Human's captain. "<Kill them ALL."> The Goblin said.

And Elthas attacked, engaging The Goblin directly with all the lethal skill his Father, Halm Belthasar trained him with. Everything became a blur.