"You're not? Ah, something of yours they'd taken then?" The corridor seemed fairly quiet, so Nevin felt it was safe enough to stop and talk about the strange load that his friend was now carrying around. Then she was peering past him, and he stretched out his shoulders as she looked in each direction. He figured her keener eyes could see through the gloom, only pierced by a few bands of sunlight breaking in through windows. This place definitely needed better lighting.

So the alchemist gripped the hilt of the sword tighter and began walking down the corridor after her, trying to see if he could detect any traces of blood remaining in a room as they moved through the corridors. There didn't seem to be that many people in the place - maybe they were out on jobs? These were bounty hunters after all, a lot of them were probably involved in trying to track down marks.

The two of them has made it a fair portion down the hall - and from what Nevin could remember from his dazed trip down to the cell, they should be almost there. And there it was - A door that was noticeably different from the others. This one actually had torches on either side of it, framing it in light, and while many of the doors they had passed had had a small grate in it for viewing, this one was a solid mahogany chunk. It was slightly ajar though, and a darker, muddled red light was shining from inside of it. Nevin paused on one side of the doorframe, doing his best to listen through it. He frowned - when he focused, he could hear breathing inside, and a faint scratch of graphite on paper, but not much else. No fire crackling to explain the light from inside, and no talking that he could make out. At least -

"It really is quite remarkable, you know. Capable of forming and maintaining a bond to that rather unpleasant fellow over a considerable distance. If I hadn't been forewarned that he would be paying keen attention once we'd removed the cuff, the being might have caught me off guard. Thankfully my sponsor did warn me. Now, the other fellow that Sandro brought in. He matches precisely the description that vampire fan boy gave us. Not worth quite as much as the crow perhaps, but valuable nonetheless." A grunt answered this sudden voice. "Come come, wake up and pay attention. If not for me, you'd have perished to the crow before she was here for a day or two."

So. Two people, at least, inside the room, and no way of knowing where they were in there. Nevin gripped the sword in one hand and curled his other into a loose, empty hold - he could feel the veins of blood on his skin churning, ready to answer his call and burst forth again. He focused his gaze on Stare and nodded. He was ready to go when she was.