"Look at it this way." Nevin blew across the meat before taking a bite. It was hot, fresh, but unfortunately a bit bland - not that it really mattered when Nevin had ended up sleeping the day away. He swallowed and turned his dark eyes towards Elthas. "We go look through the hills, and you can put your mind at ease. Either we will know for sure that the Goblins have a camp there, or we will know for sure that the raiders you guys dealt with were the only ones. Going to look can only be a good thing." He sat back, taking the offered water skin and taking a long drink. Aphrael trilled at him before taking off, wings beating in the air as she went to search for her own food and drink - not particularly keen on the cooked meat. Nevin watched her go before turning back to look at Elthas, then down at his hands for a long minute before replying with a shrug.

"No, no family. I went through... a rather rough period, and my ties with my past were rather forcibly severed, against my will." That was as polite, and edited a version of his history as he was willing to give. The Elf across from him was, or at least tried to be, a good man, and he didn't need to be dealing with the rather sordid tale. Especially not when he was already in mental turmoil over the Goblin attack - maybe someday he would tell his friend what had happened to him...but Stare only knew because she had an ability that let her see the trauma that apparently still left its mark on his soul. "I grew up in Salvar, towards the outskirts of the country. I started making my trade as an herbalist, looking towards becoming an alchemist one day. Then I started to travel, to see the world and to expand my horizons. There was an accident - and now, well, I can't go home." Nevin grew quiet for a long few minutes, staring into the crackling fire before him. Eventually his eyes traveled upwards to Elthas.

"After the accident, I mostly drifted, looking for a place to settle down. I was taken in by the smith who trained me for a while, but you know what happened there. Then, I ended up here. This very clearing I think."