As Celandine grumbled and splashed her scimitar into the water, Vaeron kept his eager eye on the alchemist. A small shimmer appeared in the mage's eye, a glisten of a smile that he could not reflect on his true face. The long, savage but shallow scars on his cheeks were a testiment to them. Only a small quirk of the muscle there hinted at the attempt of the ragged, but handsome man to show happiness, and perhaps Nevin caught a clue about that. If the red-haired man were to be thinking about why Vearon seemed to be in a permanant grumpy state then he was being given his response now. A truth of a savage backstory, and a childhood that had the promise of a holy monk but produced a wickedly unfortunate magician.

That was, until he met Philomel. In the strange world of her being his prisoner aboard the ship the Feisty Fish, when she was weak and he was her equal in talent. Admiration had been born in him for her, and they had taken the boat over together, only for it to later on become the Feisty Fox and be her champion, her first owned brothel, the beginning of the Gilded Lily's home ...

And then she had gradually become more powerful whilst he remained just as poor in ability. A mage by limited means, still worshipping his own god but suffocated by the rampant praise of Drys. A goddess so powerful that the idea had been instilled inside of him by her, he was sure now the idea had to have come from her, to produce a child with the faun and create the gifted child that he had ordered outside.

Once Nevin had finished speaking about the different types of poisons - so easily and openly, Vaeron was surprised to find - the mage gave a long, thoughtful look and then nodded, grunting and his eyes still gleaming with pleasure.

"Seeing as you seem very willing to talk about this ..." Vearon answered. "The poison would be for unsavoury people, as well as animals. I am not going to lie, we have our enemies, the girl's mother and I, and you seem the sort that is capable."

He fixed Nevin with a stare. "Are you going to call the city watch on me and the girl now? Though I doubt that this town really has a guard ... mining is it?" He blinked. "If you are, I would rather have a warning but the chance is here and I will take it to find us a discrete poison maker. You will be paid well, of course and depending on your ability your services may in fact be used later."

He paused. "Poisons that give just pain and hallucinations will be useful also. We don't have our own alchemist you see, not even a herbologist."