I raised an eyebrow as Hyperion returned, the scent of warm chocolate preceding her into the room. The tray of cookies that she set down beside the tea things did look appetizing, and my lunch had been interrupted by.... By something. I shook my head with a frown and picked up one of the cookies, holding it in my hand as I looked to the masked women.

"Oh yes. There are quite a few variants in this region that - Miss Hyperion, these are delicious - that have either grown to an unusual size or have differing qualities due to the salt content in the air, soil, and nearby water." I had bit into the cookie and chewed and swallowed as I spoke. Warming them was an excellent touch. "There are plants growing in this region that I've only seen in specialized hothouse, or just read about. I've taken some samples but I'll have to experiment with them - some of the things here I've never even heard of before."

As I poke, I nodded to the bag sitting by my feet. The samples I had obtained before stopping for food were gathered there, and thankfully it looked like the satchel hadn't been damaged in flight from... The thing in the woods. Another frown and I rubbed a temple before shaking it off and smiling at my hosts.

"Apologies. It seems the stress is getting to me a bit."